Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 Broke my sound!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After using xbian-config to update and upgrade today I no longer have any sound.

Looking into the settings I see the audio output is correctly recognised as ALSA:Default(snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi Analog). Channels are correct at 5.1 too.

But when I check the setting for passthrough it will not allow me to select this hifiberry as output. It only shows 'PI:HDMI' and even that is greyed out. Sad

I can't think of what to try. Any ideas out there?
(8th Dec, 2018 10:59 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]After using xbian-config to update and upgrade today I no longer have any sound.

Looking into the settings I see the audio output is correctly recognised as ALSA:Default(snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi Analog). Channels are correct at 5.1 too.

But when I check the setting for passthrough it will not allow me to select this hifiberry as output. It only shows 'PI:HDMI' and even that is greyed out. Sad

I can't think of what to try. Any ideas out there?

Hmmm, I suppose because of missing this commit
I wonder why the patch is still needed Undecided

Will add this patch again and build package again, please be patient Smile
(9th Dec, 2018 02:49 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, I suppose because of missing this commit
I wonder why the patch is still needed Undecided

Seems very odd after such a long time - if indeed that is the problem. Huh

(9th Dec, 2018 02:49 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Will add this patch again and build package again, please be patient Smile

For you I will make an exception! Tongue
(9th Dec, 2018 03:39 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Seems very odd after such a long time - if indeed that is the problem. Huh

Tomorrow we are smarter Cool

Quote:For you I will make an exception! Tongue

Phew, so I can sleep peacefully tonight Angel
(9th Dec, 2018 04:01 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Phew, so I can sleep peacefully tonight Angel

I never said that! Wink
@Nachteule,

You got it! - All working again now!

THANK YOU Smile Smile Smile
Great, so you have successfully moved to Kodi v18 Smile
(10th Dec, 2018 04:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Great, so you have successfully moved to Kodi v18 Smile

It would appear I have Smile

Is this in stable now or only staging?
(10th Dec, 2018 05:16 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Is this in stable now or only staging?

There is a news posting here
Here's a question for you......

When I select a screen resolution of 640x480 I get to see the whole menu in kodi. But going to 1920x1080 I only see a part of the menu page. I would have expected the opposite with the more pixels available showing the most data.

Any idea of why this happens?

I also notice the same with cameras attached to pi. On lower resolution you get full frame, but increasing the resolution I becomes cropped. Weird!

Kodi 18 seems to be running OK with my set up (3x pi2) - only thing I noticed was some buffering on a hd movie last night, but will look more into that. I don't think it's a xbian issue at the moment.
(10th Dec, 2018 09:14 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a question for you......

When I select a screen resolution of 640x480 I get to see the whole menu in kodi. But going to 1920x1080 I only see a part of the menu page. I would have expected the opposite with the more pixels available showing the most data.

Any idea of why this happens?

No, absolutely no idea. Is this reproducible? Can you make a screen dump?
After upgrading my last Pi1, screen (the settings page) looked a bit strange after switching resolution from 480p to 1080p. However, after restart Kodi everything was ok

Quote:I also notice the same with cameras attached to pi. On lower resolution you get full frame, but increasing the resolution I becomes cropped. Weird!

Sorry, can't help. Do not have cameras attached

Quote:Kodi 18 seems to be running OK with my set up (3x pi2) - only thing I noticed was some buffering on a hd movie last night, but will look more into that. I don't think it's a xbian issue at the moment.

I'm sure you'll solve this issue Smile
It is odd - It has always been this way in all versions of kodi on xbian pi. F,G,H,I,J,K and now L too.

I'll get a monitor attached and see if it still does it. It could be a 'feature' of the projector (but movies play fine). I'll look into it more when I get time (which this close to Christmas is difficult).....Wink
I am having the same issue, in addition to that I wonder why my keyboard is misbehaving with me Big Grin,
jOKES apart,
My keyboard characters are having error or like they are showing me the wrong ones that i am actually typing, why is it so?
However I have already changed my keyboards twice.
Reference URL's