Forum

Full Version: Argon One case with 'power' button - config script fails to install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning, I've recently acquired one of the Argon One raspberry pi cases from Argon 40, neat bit of kit that provides a power button in a high quality case.

They provide a script to install to enable the power button functionality and also fan speed control, and whilst I did have to manually install curl in order to run the script, it fails with
Terminal
E: Unable to locate package raspi-gpio

The script I'm running is

Any ideas?
(27th Dec, 2018 11:15 PM)Dave400 Wrote: [ -> ]Morning, I've recently acquired one of the Argon One raspberry pi cases from Argon 40, neat bit of kit that provides a power button in a high quality case.

They provide a script to install to enable the power button functionality and also fan speed control, and whilst I did have to manually install curl in order to run the script, it fails with
Terminal

Any ideas?

you will need something to control your GPIO where the button is connected to and then appropriate to be executed when you press the button.
Have a look in my thread here for an example how is it done(different HW and different OS!)

The best place to ask would be the manufacturer of your case
(27th Dec, 2018 11:15 PM)Dave400 Wrote: [ -> ]Morning, I've recently acquired one of the Argon One raspberry pi cases from Argon 40, neat bit of kit that provides a power button in a high quality case.

Terminal

Any ideas?

I looked into the script, and I don't believe that there is a chance to make it run under XBian without investigating what that script does.
This is written for Raspbian and is using a couple of packages coming from there (i.e raspi-config), it requires systemd (what we do not use) and creates links to graphical desktop (what XBian does not have).

Sorry Sad

Edit:

I looked a bit deeper into it:

1) seems that package raspi-gpio is not used
2) You can pick packages, which are provided by Raspbian only by adding a line to /etc/apt/sources.list like this
sudo echo "deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ stretch main contrib non-free rpi" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
and run sudo apt-get update
3) Finally, you have to port after running script argon1.sh systemd service file /lib/systemd/system/argononed.service to an upstart script (should be not so difficult)
And of course, you have to remove that line added in 2) again in /etc/apt/sources.list
Thanks both, both replies gives me a great starting point.. I have also made the same enquiry to Argon40 and found there are others in the same position, using Debian based builds and not pure Rasbian builds
Reference URL's