Forum

Full Version: After a fresh installation kodi doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I've just installed xbian with PINN on a raspberry pi 3 (XBian_by_PINN_3.0_rpi3.img image). After install Xbian from PINN kodi try to start and after setting up the network (as show below the xbian logo) the screen get black. I have tried a couple of times with the same result.

Did someone try that image? Same problem?

I think that this image is the same that the latest onw but I'm going to try that one as well. --> Edit: It's not the same, it's xbian without PINN nor NOOBS

Thanks.

----
By the way, I post it in a wrong threat. Could someone move it to the right place? thanks.
(6th Apr, 2019 08:59 PM)naox Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I've just installed xbian with PINN on a raspberry pi 3 (XBian_by_PINN_3.0_rpi3.img image). After install Xbian from PINN kodi try to start and after setting up the network (as show below the xbian logo) the screen get black. I have tried a couple of times with the same result.

Tested it today, and I must confirm an issue. I've already investigated what the reason is:
Since a small change in /etc/fstab format (used one TAB instead of space on one position), the PINN helper script to adjust the /boot partition entry in /etc/fstab did not work anymore. That means, /boot can not be mounted on system boot, and therefore the whole boot process stucks.

A fixed version is available now (v3.1.1). Important: Please install XBian from General tab only

Quote:I think that this image is the same that the latest onw but I'm going to try that one as well. --> Edit: It's not the same, it's xbian without PINN nor NOOBS

Thanks.

Sure, thoses images are completely different. PINN is just a Installer/Boot Manager for os's, all data will be downloaded and written to disk/sd-card

Tested latest XBian image from yesterday, everything is ok with it.
I have just download the v3.1.1. Right now I'm on windows 10 with windows defender as the only antivirus. Defenders block the image this this waring:

Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml is it a false positive?

Thank you very much.

I can deactive the antivirus or make it from ubuntu but just for confirmation.
(6th Apr, 2019 11:56 PM)naox Wrote: [ -> ]I have just download the v3.1.1. Right now I'm on windows 10 with windows defender as the only antivirus. Defenders block the image this this waring:

Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml is it a false positive?

Aaaarg, believe me, there is no Virus or anything else in it Dodgy

Quote:Thank you very much.

You're welcome
tested and working
(7th Apr, 2019 01:14 AM)naox Wrote: [ -> ]tested and working

Thanks for confirming Smile

Btw, installation from Media tab has been fixed also Shy

Set to solved and tread moved to Software->Installation!
I updated Kodi to 18.3 from the stable repository. Ever since Kodi didn't start by itself anymore. By SSH I had to kick it to life manually by 'sudo service xbmc start'. Then it ran no problem. (I went back to a 4 month old image backup, ran it without problem, updated to this version and had the same issue)

This thread helped me to fix my issue, since the following line in /etc/fstab was half duplicated, half split over 2 lines:

UUID=4D28-F2B5 /boot xbian noatime,rw,private 0 1

After removing the duplicate line and lining up the remaining line to the given example here above, my xbian version booted as expected and started Kodi by itself.
Very useful
Thank you
Good night everyone, I'm new to the group (I just registered) I met the Xbian project yesterday, installed the version XBian_2019.12.20_rpi3.img it on my SD and tested it on my raspberry pi 3, installed it normally, but it doesn't go into KODI, what should I do?
Sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian and I use the translator

Tnks!!

(6th Apr, 2019 08:59 PM)naox Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I think that this image is the same that the latest onw but I'm going to try that one as well. --> Edit: It's not the same, it's xbian without PINN nor NOOBS

Thanks.

----
By the way, I post it in a wrong threat. Could someone move it to the right place? thanks.
(7th Feb, 2020 07:56 AM)antonioamazonas Wrote: [ -> ]Good night everyone, I'm new to the group (I just registered) I met the Xbian project yesterday, installed the version XBian_2019.12.20_rpi3.img it on my SD and tested it on my raspberry pi 3, installed it normally, but it doesn't go into KODI, what should I do?

Tnks!!

Why don't you use the latest image? XBian_2020.01.31_rpi4.img.gz is the latest one

Do you see any output at the screen?
(7th Feb, 2020 09:38 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Feb, 2020 07:56 AM)antonioamazonas Wrote: [ -> ]Good night everyone, I'm new to the group (I just registered) I met the Xbian project yesterday, installed the version XBian_2019.12.20_rpi3.img it on my SD and tested it on my raspberry pi 3, installed it normally, but it doesn't go into KODI, what should I do?

Tnks!!

Why don't you use the latest image? XBian_2020.01.31_rpi4.img.gz is the latest one

Do you see any output at the screen?

That's what I did yesterday when I got home from work, the problem was solved! Thank you very much !, it happened that after the update, the system didn't load anymore.
I believe there was a problem with the kernel (incompatible)
That's what I did yesterday when I got home from work, the problem was solved! Thank you very much !, it happened that after the update, the system didn't load anymore.
I believe there was a problem with the kernel (incompatible)
or redo the installation.
Thank you!
I just turned my display on and got a pop up message in xbian:
“A restart is required yes/no” and I chose yes, as I’ve done before.
On reboot, I get a “Root partition /dev/mmcblk0p2 missing” message, with a bunch of “mount: mounting ******** on /rootfs, /boot, No such file or directory” messages, then the xbian text logo, then a “welcome to recovery boot console”

It’s telling me to reconfigure my network...argh!

Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) wrong thead here
2) please search forum, you'll probably find what to do
Probably? That’s a big help. Thanks. I’ll go bumbling around in the dark without a flashlight until I trip on something that might work.

(13th Feb, 2020 01:06 AM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]Probably? That’s a big help. Thanks. I’ll go bumbling around in the dark without a flashlight until I trip on something that might work.

Sorry, but you are in the wrong thread, you did not told which package has been updated, and you have unfortunately given me absolutely no useful information to help you.

Probably your root fs is broken or sd card is damaged
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's