Forum

Full Version: downgrade kodi 18.3 to 17.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is possible to downgrade kodi 18.3 to 17.6? How?
(27th Jul, 2019 01:20 AM)lpt2007 Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible to downgrade kodi 18.3 to 17.6? How?

Theoretically it would be no problem, but practically it is not possible, because 17.6 Kodi version is not longer available in our repos

Why do you want to do this?
(27th Jul, 2019 03:41 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(27th Jul, 2019 01:20 AM)lpt2007 Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible to downgrade kodi 18.3 to 17.6? How?

Theoretically it would be no problem, but practically it is not possible, because 17.6 Kodi version is not longer available in our repos

Why do you want to do this?

I also want to downgrade kodi.
On kodi 18.3 I'm experiencing lot of issues when watch IPTV using pvr iptv simple client. I have sync errors, disconnections etc.
Now I switched to LibeELEC where it's possible to downgrade kodi to 17.6. Now it's almost perfect but I'm experiencing only few sync error. It's much better on 17.6.

Regards.
I'm looking for a way to downgrade kodi to 17.6 as well (need it since custom plugin for streaming local tv channel does not work well with 18.x versions). Also doing new install using old images would be fine for me, but archive in download repository does not hold any old images :\.
(3rd Feb, 2020 02:36 AM)suncell Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking for a way to downgrade kodi to 17.6 as well (need it since custom plugin for streaming local tv channel does not work well with 18.x versions). Also doing new install using old images would be fine for me, but archive in download repository does not hold any old images :\.

What do I do for you Tongue

I've built today Kodi 17.6 package against Debian Buster. You just have to

1) enable staging repository
2) sudo apt-get update
3) sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc=17.6-1580681669
4) sudo apt-mark hold xbian-package-xbmc

Please note, that this version/package runs on Pi2-3B+ only, it will never run on a Raspberry Pi4

Due to newer compiler, in Debian Buster the binary addons inputstream.rtmp and pvr.stalker are not longer available in this package. They can't be build w/o any build error
Wow, tnx Nachteule for a super quick response. Didn't expect it since thread was not very active in last months.
Just to be sure, is it ok to follow the procedure from the latest build?
(3rd Feb, 2020 09:32 PM)suncell Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, tnx Nachteule for a super quick response. Didn't expect it since thread was not very active in last months.
Just to be sure, is it ok to follow the procedure from the latest build?

Sure, can be used with any current image
So i read in 2014 there is no more kodi 17.6 in repo. But today in 2021, seven years later i downloaded the actual CuBox Image, updated 5 days ago, with Debian Buster and when i watch the kodi version shipped within, its 17.6.
Thats a joke, right?!
(24th Nov, 2021 04:45 PM)floreno Wrote: [ -> ]So i read in 2014 there is no more kodi 17.6 in repo. But today in 2021, seven years later i downloaded the actual CuBox Image, updated 5 days ago, with Debian Buster and when i watch the kodi version shipped within, its 17.6.
Thats a joke, right?!

Kodi has not supported i.MX6 hardware for a long time. Therefore, the last available version is 17.6 in the image
Reference URL's