Forum

Full Version: OTA Television
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all -
Can anyone here offer suggestions for Tuner Hardware to use with TVHeadend that have 2+ ATSC tuners? I've been digging into this, since I live in an area with a good number of channels available, but I can't seem to find ideal solutions. The Pi TV Hat was super appealing, but it seems it's only available with DVB tuners. There's a Hauppage twin ATSC tuner that's a USB dongle, but I have a bias against USB for these sorts of things (that is likely unwarranted).

Thanks in advance -gk
And while I have people’s’ attention, does anyone use apps on their phone as a remote for kodi? I’m looking at Sybu for iPhone - any insight here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(21st Nov, 2019 04:58 AM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all -
Can anyone here offer suggestions for Tuner Hardware to use with TVHeadend that have 2+ ATSC tuners? I've been digging into this, since I live in an area with a good number of channels available, but I can't seem to find ideal solutions. The Pi TV Hat was super appealing, but it seems it's only available with DVB tuners. There's a Hauppage twin ATSC tuner that's a USB dongle, but I have a bias against USB for these sorts of things (that is likely unwarranted).

Thanks in advance -gk

Sorry, no idea Sad
(21st Nov, 2019 02:00 PM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]And while I have people’s’ attention, does anyone use apps on their phone as a remote for kodi? I’m looking at Sybu for iPhone - any insight here?

Why not using the Official Kodi Remote

I'm using Yatse, but AFAIR this app is not available for iOS
It seems I'll be trailblazing in both regards, then.
So, stay tuned and I'll report back with my experiences.
(21st Nov, 2019 02:00 PM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]And while I have people’s’ attention, does anyone use apps on their phone as a remote for kodi? I’m looking at Sybu for iPhone - any insight here?

Yes the official remote app on Android. I've been using it since it was available years ago and work perfectly. (have no idea if the app is available on iOS).

I did tested some other apps but i did not felt the need to use them since they did not do anything extra or better than the official one.
I prefer Yatse for Android which is not available for iOS.
But the official Kodi one works ok for iOS (and Android):

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/official-kodi-remote/id520480364
Reference URL's