Forum

Full Version: Plugin failed to install due to an invalid structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to install Sandmann79's addon to get Amazon Prime's Video on my xbian-kodi and ran into that error.
GitHub - Sandmann79/xbmc
wget the zip from terminal, it shows up in the home folder when I 'install from zip', but install fails with that error message when I choose it.

I'd love your insight into what I've done wrong - my understanding is it has the same prerequisites/dependencies as CastagnaIT's Netflix addon, but I seem to be missing something. anyone? @Nachteule ?
No idea, maybe Kodi's debug log tells you more

Maybe you have chosen wrong Plugin Repository zip file
There are only 2; one for leia, one for matrix.
Xbian reports my install as 18.8 - leia.
I’ll check the debug. And dig deeper into the 30 pages of the addon’s thread on the kodi forum. I was asking here in case an xbian person had a similar experience and could offer their insight into what needed to be done to get it working or why they gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've installed repository.sandmann79-py3.plugins-1.0.0-matrix.zip on my Matrix installation without any issue

But since I do not have an amazon prime account I do not need to install the Amazon VOD
On what host machine?
Is Matrix stable for Pi4?

(30th Aug, 2020 10:43 PM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]On what host machine?

I have been using Matrix on all my Raspberry Pi's (1-4) for ages
As long as you don't have any special requirements (4k HEVC isn't currently available as far as I know, and HDR isn't anyway) there shouldn't be any problems
I had tried an earlier Matrix build but was having problems. (CastagnaIT’s Netflix has to work or I’m in the dog house until it does...)
I’ll try again today.
Thank you.

(30th Aug, 2020 11:08 PM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]I had tried an earlier Matrix build but was having problems. (CastagnaIT’s Netflix has to work or I’m in the dog house until it does...)
I’ll try again today.
Thank you.

Netflix should work, I've installed it but I'm not using it
No Netflix or Amazon...you must have tvheadend or similar with OTA television. Or a really solid IPTV service.

(30th Aug, 2020 11:43 PM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]No Netflix or Amazon...you must have tvheadend or similar with OTA television. Or a really solid IPTV service.

Yeah, using TVheadend and VDR. IPTV is IMO PITA Big Grin
No opinion on it required here: in my experience it IS a PITA

(30th Aug, 2020 10:54 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]

As long as you don't have any special requirements (4k HEVC isn't currently available as far as I know, and HDR isn't anyway) there shouldn't be any problems

Sorry, where can i find Matrix-xbian again?
(4th Sep, 2020 02:17 AM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]

All required is in devel repo
(4th Sep, 2020 02:29 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(4th Sep, 2020 02:17 AM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]

All required is in devel repo
should I issue an autoremove from the command line after update/upgrade from GUI?
(5th Sep, 2020 01:10 AM)gkusiak Wrote: [ -> ]should I issue an autoremove from the command line after update/upgrade from GUI?

No, not necessary. But a snapshot before upgrading would be a good idea Shy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's