Forum

Full Version: Trying to enable 64 bit kernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is currently no 64bit XBian if that's what you mean.
But you can manually install the 64 bit versions of the glibc and python libraries, of course all at your own risk.

When the work for the support of the Raspberry Pi 5 is done, we will probably work on a 64bit version of XBian. But that is a lot of work, starting with the fact that the Repository generation is only for armhf and not for arm64. It will take many many weeks until something usable is created.
Things always turn out differently than you think.
Since the Raspberry Pi 5 is still almost not available, the work on the 64bit XBian is very far advanced. Today the first 64 bit image was flashed and put into a Raspberry Pi 4. Booted flawlessly and Kodi (21.0 Beta) is also running Smile

Terminal

root@xbian ~ # uname -a
Linux xbian 6.1.62-64+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 23 13:00:45 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root@xbian ~ # dpkg --print-architecture
arm64
root@xbian ~ # dpkg -l | grep xbian-package-xbmc
ii xbian-package-xbmc 21.0~BETA1-1701336968 arm64 XBMC (rpi64/omega)
ii xbian-package-xbmc-scripts 2.3.2 all XBian XBMC upstart scripts.
root@xbian ~ #
(4th Dec, 2023 01:19 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Things always turn out differently than you think.
Since the Raspberry Pi 5 is still almost not available, the work on the 64bit XBian is very far advanced. Today the first 64 bit image was flashed and put into a Raspberry Pi 4. Booted flawlessly and Kodi (21.0 Beta) is also running Smile

Terminal

root@xbian ~ # uname -a
Linux xbian 6.1.62-64+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 23 13:00:45 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root@xbian ~ # dpkg --print-architecture
arm64
root@xbian ~ # dpkg -l | grep xbian-package-xbmc
ii xbian-package-xbmc 21.0~BETA1-1701336968 arm64 XBMC (rpi64/omega)
ii xbian-package-xbmc-scripts 2.3.2 all XBian XBMC upstart scripts.
root@xbian ~ #

Oh my...that's wonderful!
Can I assume that is the xbian-ffplay_6.1+.arm64 that can be downloaded from sourceforge?

(I generally tend to avoid beta software, but I may just give this a try...)
Once again, you don't seem to have understood:

Code:
XBian files for internal use only

please do not download them directly, they will be used internally

As long as the 64bit image does not run reasonably smoothly, there will be no image to download. So please be patient
Oh yes and one more thing: there will only be a 64bit version of Kodi Omega, Nexus will definitely stay at 32bit.
(5th Dec, 2023 04:54 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, you don't seem to have understood:

Code:

As long as the 64bit image does not run reasonably smoothly, there will be no image to download. So please be patient
Oh yes and one more thing: there will only be a 64bit version of Kodi Omega, Nexus will definitely stay at 32bit.

Great to hear the quick turn of events. Can we install via NOOBS. I will install this weekend.

I am running arch aarch64 and 21.0. It runs pretty well but I really liked Xbian.
(8th Dec, 2023 11:10 AM)grandcanyon Wrote: [ -> ]
(5th Dec, 2023 04:54 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, you don't seem to have understood:

Code:

Great to hear the quick turn of events. Can we install via NOOBS. I will install this weekend.

I am running arch aarch64 and 21.0. It runs pretty well but I really liked Xbian.

or is the .img file that was uploaded to sourceforge a week ago 64 bit?
(9th Dec, 2023 04:39 AM)grandcanyon Wrote: [ -> ]or is the .img file that was uploaded to sourceforge a week ago 64 bit?

No, a 64bit image has not been released yet
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's