Forum

Full Version: using the PI as a PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Iv just registered here and a bit of a newb so apologies for the dumb questions. I have a Raspberry Pi model A and have been toying what to do with it, and I quite like the idea of the XBIAN running on the PI and have it like a media centre.

I was thinking as well it would be really cool if I can get digital TV playing through it too and have it as a PVR either saving to an external HD or to a VERY big SDcard. Does XBIAN already have this inbuilt or is it on the horizon?

Thanks
PVR is already supported Smile (you of course need some hardware like a DVB stick in order to get it working)
just noticed you have RPi v A so you do not have a LAN connector. Im not sure how this will work for you
@Koen,@CurlyMo ?
USB hub
I was thinking a USB hub and either a large usb external harddrive as storage or make a separate partition on the SDcard.

I`m assuming there is a list of supported DVB's somewhere?

Also I thinking of getting a model B board for this as the ethernet port would be nice for any future developments and its got double RAM
http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals -> USB TV Tuners and DVB devices
Reference URL's