Forum

Full Version: No Random Access on Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried playing a HD movie (Skyfall) stored on a Freecom external USB drive, plugged into the Raspberry Pi running Xbian.

It plays fine, but I cannot move to a different position in the movie by clicking the position bar which runs along the bottom edge of the movie. I can do this on other movies which may be lower resolution DiVXs (this was a .mkv)

Is there any known limitation of hardware, software or file format which would prevent me changing the position in the movie.

As background, I watched this movie for an hour and a half before Xbian crashed out back to the main bubbles screen. The file is fine, and plays in other media software. However, once I had restarted the movie I wanted to jump to where I had got to, but Xbian insisted I had to watch it from the start or not at all.

Your thoughts please.
Thanks
you can jump to any time of movie by typing the time from numeric keys, and also you can use arrows up/down left/right for jumps
You should also be able to move as u tried, so is a bit unusual you ca't
try the other two options if that works for you
(23rd Feb, 2013 03:59 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]you can jump to any time of movie by typing the time from numeric keys, and also you can use arrows up/down left/right for jumps
You should also be able to move as u tried, so is a bit unusual you ca't
try the other two options if that works for you

thanks for your reply.
I can confirm that all three methods of random access work with all of my other movie files. This would suggest that it is a problem with the file. although, the file can be randomly accessed when played on my PC in DivX, but it takes ages to get there between 10s and a couple of minutes.
ive sent you an PM message,please reply
Probably the index of the movie is broken. XBMC will not know anything of the movie so it can only stream it from beginning to the end. Some players can make the index themselves before they start to play but I guess XBMC cannot.
Reference URL's