Forum

Full Version: Turbo Mode problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 the same Raspberry Pi's (model B 256mb) and both have the exact same SD card, 8GB Class 10.

Both running same Xbian Alpha 5

Using a Mysql server

I overclocked both installs to Turbo Mode.

One of them works fine, no problems at all

The other one not so!
When the Pi is running on Turbo Mode and I go to settings and programs etc, no problems. But if I go to Movies or TV Shows and it starts to load the thumbnails and or movie it automatically reboots every time! I have exact the same settings on both Pi's but one of them refuses to work! :-(

Any help please?
@E4T
Non-turbo OC modes causes reboot too?
@CurlyMo thanx, I will try that

@kraleksandr no only Turbo Mode
kind of late :-P

@CurlyMo I tried but the problem still remains.

Any other suggestions?
HW issue I would say,
even you say that you have exact same setup on both it doesn't necessary mean that one of the SD card is not having issue with Turbo mode (example)
Try to experiment with swapping the hardware bits between those two RPi's
Already tried all of that.
It cant handle Turbo mode, but if I dont use MySql settings it works fine.
Everything works, it plays all of the movies fine, but if it tries to load thumbnails it reboots itself after a couple of seconds.
It has something to do with the loading of thumbnails from a server.
Then it is either a power issue or you should reduce the core_freq
I don't understand, how can it be a power issue?
(25th May, 2013 12:31 AM)E4T Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand, how can it be a power issue?

please check
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Troubleshooting_power_problems
you will need a simple multimeter
simply if only one of your RPi's causing the issues than there is something wrong in HW part
Installed OpenELEC on same SD card, set same Turbo Mode settings, and now everything works fine
Reference URL's