Forum

Full Version: Animated Splash Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any way I can change the Animated Splash Screen on booting? Its nice, but its just not my thing, sorry, just more in tune with a simplified screen. I wouldn't mind a blank screen until it gets into the menu. Another possibility could be to add a png/jpg.

Thanks.
The files of the splash can be found here:
Terminal

root@xbian:~ # ls /usr/share/images/splash/
barEnd.jpg barStart.jpg emptyFill.jpg logo.jpg
barFill.jpg emptyEnd.jpg emptyStart.jpg progressbar.jpg
Oh sweet. Thanks. Tons.
Quick one, if I need to remove the starting xbian text below the progress bar, I actually have to recompile xbian myself, right?
You can't remove in this version.

But why don't you just remove the splash from the /boot/cmdline.txt?
Splash is removed from /boot/cmdline.txt but that starting xbian still pops up. Uncertain what to do here as downgrading seems to be an option
When?
I would like to modify the XBMC splash screen, is this possible?
Thanks but I have tried changing that already, made no difference. The current XBMC splash screen is the same as the XBian boot screen. It's with the animated loadbar, except the text below it is different.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?
You could try disabling the splash in the guisettings.xml
Can't find anything in guisettings.xml, I could disable it in the advancedsettings.xml but that's not what I wan't because then I won't have any bootscreen.
Then you just have to accept that when you are using XBian, you are confronted with an XBian boot screen.
Reference URL's