Forum

Full Version: How to disable XBMC launch at startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I use my RPI not mainly for xbmc. So I would like to start xbian with console login.
I try two different way, which does not provides good results :

- From xbian-config, I choose to disable xbmc service startup at boot => the RPI remain freeze at boot. The screen is displaying "xbian starting" but nothing happens. I have to rewrite my SD image.

- Directly from /etc/modprobe.d, I move the file xbmc which start xbmc at boot. => same problem.

Is there a way to do this ? Also would it be possible to disable the xbian screen during start up (with the progress bar), because I prefer to see what is happening and what is going wrong.

Thanks

Pierre
Quote:- From xbian-config, I choose to disable xbmc service startup at boot => the RPI remain freeze at boot. The screen is displaying "xbian starting" but nothing happens. I have to rewrite my SD image.
Currently, the splash won't go away if XBMC is not starting. To disable that, just remove the splash from /boot/cmdline.txt

To restore the default boot process verbosity, just restore to the default /boot/cmdline.txt:
Terminal

dwc_otg.fiq_fix_enable=1 sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait
(23rd Mar, 2013 07:44 PM)pedrogaza Wrote: [ -> ]So I would like to start xbian with console login.

I think with this command you are able to remove the autostart of XBMC:
Terminal
sudo update-rc.d xbmc remove

And this should start it manually:
Terminal
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start
Thank you CurlyMo, it works perfectly. The best way to do is I think to deactivate xbmc service autostart from xbian-config. And then restore the cmdline.txt like CurlyMo explained.
Reference URL's