Forum

Full Version: XBian universal installer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Thanks to the Rasplex project we are now working on our own universal install (an installer which runs on Windows, OS X & Linux). Rasplex created this installer, we are adapting this installer now for XBian.

Windows
Download here

OS X
Download here

Linux
Download here, extract & run as root. Start up can take some time so please be patient. Requires: 64-bit Linux, QT 4.8 (can be installed via the package manager) & X11

Please leave your feedback here! Thanks!
Windows 8

Didn't run well on first, but after all seems to work just fine.
Message after installation is wrong spelled
"XBian has successfully been installed on your SD card, you can now plug your SD card into your Raspberry Pi" where should be
"XBian has been successfully installed on your SD card, you can now plug your SD card into your Raspberry Pi"

other than that, all seems to be working and OK to me Wink
well done
Cool
What didn't run well on first?
(30th Mar, 2013 08:09 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]What didn't run well on first?

when I click Install the bar changed to "Preparing download.." but it stayed stucked like that. It didn't change to "Downloading (%), press to cancel". So I wait for a while, than I clicked to the bar and it started to "Installing XBian to your SD card will delete all your data on the selected SD card, continue?"
When I close the installer and rerun all was as it should.So not sure if that was real bug, or just coincidence. Maybe someone else on Win8 can confirm ?

Also the message after the image is downloaded and ready for installation,maybe change it a bit ?
"Installing XBian to your SD card will delete all your data on the selected SD card, continue?"
"Installing XBian to your SD card will delete all your data on selected SD card. Would you like to continue?"
Ok, that is because the source forge re-director sometimes doesn't work properly. Will look into it.
Updated to 0.2, various bugfixes & MD5 checking
Terminal
bart@linux-81z6:~> ./XBian-installer-Linux
./XBian-installer-Linux: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Widgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(1st Apr, 2013 11:53 AM)BartOtten Wrote: [ -> ]
Terminal
bart@linux-81z6:~> ./XBian-installer-Linux
./XBian-installer-Linux: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Widgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Did you install the QT headers?
Did I miss instructions?

I think the installer should include them or install them when they are missing. Otherwise we have an 'before-you-use-it-do-those-things'-installer which imho does not make sense.
Just compile it with static headers.
I already looked at this together with the rasplex guys but no luck yet
It should be just as simple as changing some compilation options. The splash is also compiled with static libraries.
Nope, I need to compile QT static first, which gives me compilation errors
I was finally able to use this to deploy XBian to SD Card. After multiple attempts at failing to verify the Xbian 1.0 beta 2 image. This morning it finally worked. Maybe a corrupt file?

Side Issues:
If your laptop goes to sleep while downloading (wireless switched off). It will not continue where it left off when coming back out of sleep. It does not resume a download when starting the utility again.

System: Late 2013, Retina Mac Book Pro, Build 13C64
SD Card: San Disk Ultra 16GB
(30th Mar, 2013 08:22 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]When I close the installer and rerun all was as it should.So not sure if that was real bug, or just coincidence. Maybe someone else on Win8 can confirm ?

I'm on Linux, but I can confirm that it wasn't coincidence. The same happened here: I could only finally install after closing XBian installer and re-running it.
Reference URL's