Forum

Full Version: High cpu usage python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry but another problem.

Just rebooted a few times to change my gpu memory, ive noticed now that my cpu usage is a lot higher than before. Changed back to 128 and still high cpu.

Guessing its nothing to do with the gpu memory changes just that i spotted it at the same time.

Ssh into my headless system and with a "top" command i have 90% cpu usage marked as xbian - python.

Normally cpu is around 5%. Only thing ive added in the past 2 days is php to lighttpd and mysql server, and installed a few php scripts to my website (noone but me can see them)

I know mysql is a memory / cpu hog but thought it would only effect me when actually being used ? Just installed it to have a play with, dont really need it.

Any way to work out what the python app actually is?

Thanks

Rich
As you don't use XBMC, did you disable the automatic XBMC start?
To see if it's XBMC, you could try...
Terminal

sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc stop
Yeah always turn that of as soon as i install. Use my ps3 for watching TV with minidlna.

Worked out it was headphones the python app. Did "top" to get the pid id of the high usage then used the "kill" command on it and looked to see what was turned off. Removed headphones from etc/init.d and CPU back to 5% after a reboot.

Never really used that anyhow, pass what caused it though.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Rich

Yeah always turn that of as soon as i install. Use my ps3 for watching TV with minidlna.

Worked out it was headphones the python app. Did "top" to get the pid id of the high usage then used the "kill" command on it and looked to see what was turned off. Removed headphones from etc/init.d and CPU back to 5% after a reboot.

Never really used that anyhow, pass what caused it though.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Rich
Reference URL's