Forum

Full Version: SSH access issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I'm quite new to all this so I hope I'm not missing something silly.

I'm trying to get xbian alpha 5 running and im running into issues that are already mentioned on these forums, the solutions require SSH access, which is where I'm having a problem.

I'm connecting via putty and using the login details in the faq but I just get access denied warning. I set it up as per:

http://xbian.org/getting-started/install-and-connect/

Power supply is up to spec and I've tried it on two different SD's and having the same issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi and welcome!

I'm new to this as well :-)
Firstly are you connecting via a router? If so check that the port you are using for ssh (default 22) isn't blocked.
Next try a different cable or test the ones you are using. Can you see the pi on your network?
Next are you really sure the pi has a valid ip address on your network? Can you confirm it from the main screen?
Where it says to enter the ip address in putty, try putting xbian@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and see if that does it.

What are the 'issues' you are having? (you never know, it might be related)! ;-)

Hope that might help.

skywatch

ALso don't forget to log in with

User = xbian
password = reapberry

Skywatch

Opps....

Password = raspberry

sorry, it's late here!

S.
Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on a great distro. Installation was easy and flawless. Everything appears to be working as expected, and wifi connectivity is working.
However, I am also having an issue with logging in with SSH.
I am using XBian 1.0 Alpha5 and Putty as the SSH client, but using xbian:raspberry credentials gives "Access denied".
I am on a LAN with no firewalls enabled, and have made sure that SSH is enabled via the GUI (and have rebooted).
I also tried to connect via SMB and received a User:Password prompt and again tried xbian:raspberry credentials which also failed.
I will do a fresh installation as a last resort, but would rather not if there is something I may have overlooked. Hopefully someone can help.
(11th Apr, 2013 11:06 AM)port092 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on a great distro. Installation was easy and flawless. Everything appears to be working as expected, and wifi connectivity is working.
I am using XBian 1.0 Alpha5 and Putty as the SSH client, but using xbian:raspberry credentials gives "Access denied".
I am on a LAN with no firewalls enabled, and have made sure that SSH is enabled via the GUI (and have rebooted).
I also tried to connect via SMB and received a User:Password prompt and again tried xbian:raspberry credentials which also failed.
I will do a fresh installation as a last resort, but would rather not if there is something I may have overlooked. Hopefully someone can help.

Are you sure you installed the latest XBian (1.0 alpha 5), to check this, in xbmc go to system -> system information. What does XBian version: say?
(11th Apr, 2013 11:29 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you sure you installed the latest XBian (1.0 alpha 5), to check this, in xbmc go to system -> system information. What does XBian version: say?

I only did the installation last night and all updates were performed and the installer downloaded 1.0Alpha5.tar.gz.
Unfortunately I can't check the version since I am at work and can't SSH in Huh , but I am sure the XBian version is XBian (1.0 alpha 5).
(11th Apr, 2013 11:51 AM)port092 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11th Apr, 2013 11:29 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]

I only did the installation last night and all updates were performed and the installer downloaded 1.0Alpha5.tar.gz.
Unfortunately I can't check the version since I am at work and can't SSH in Huh , but I am sure the XBian version is XBian (1.0 alpha 5).

Then it should be fine. Did you try to ssh within the same network?
I reinstalled, using the Windows installer, and now it is all working.
Reference URL's