Forum

Full Version: LAN Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please help me? I have been trying for 1 month straight trying to fix the internet connection to XBIAN. I have a raspberry pi model B and I'm sure that there is no problem with the board. When I boot Raspbian OS on my pi I get an internet connection and can web browse normally with good speed. But, when I use XBMC XBIAN in the system info it says Link: Connected and all of the other details like IP address and Gateway are all filled out. But, at the very bottom it says internet is not connected even though all of the network details are filled out. It also happens when I try other XBMC distros like OPENELEC. Can you guys help me? I heard that the XBIAN community was great so I switched to XBIAN and its fast but I have no internet. Please help? Thank you so much. Again, my problem is that my LAN connection does not work on XBIAN. I have also tried different ethernet cables and nothing changed.
Hi,

Is the local network is working?
Can you access the pi vi ssh or can you ping it from another pc?

can you try from pi ?
ping gateway IP
ping 8.8.8.8
ping http://www.google.com (without http://)
I can do all of that on the raspbian OS. But, if I try it on XBIAN I can't do any of that. I can't ssh due to no network. I also have all the network details but it says in the system info that I have no internet. Please tell me if you need me to upload a picture.
I think your power adapter is the problem, cam you try changing to a different one?
(10th Apr, 2013 07:21 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]I think your power adapter is the problem, cam you try changing to a different one?

Could be but why would it function on rasbian? I'm assuming the default overclock on xbian?
(10th Apr, 2013 08:16 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(10th Apr, 2013 07:21 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]I think your power adapter is the problem, cam you try changing to a different one?

Could be but why would it function on rasbian? I'm assuming the default overclock on xbian?

I'm not sure about that, but I had the same problem a while ago, you can try lowering the overclock
i had very similar issue where my LAN connection was disappearing few seconds after boot and it took me two weeks to figure out it was caused by power cable for RPi ....It was a USB cord from Kindle. After I replaced it with another one issue was gone.
Not saying this is going to help,but just want to point out,that sometimes the fix could be something unexpected
(10th Apr, 2013 08:20 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]
(10th Apr, 2013 08:16 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not sure about that, but I had the same problem a while ago, you can try lowering the overclock

I was saying that rasbian isn't overclocked by default so is uses less power (micro amounts), so it seems the issue would almost have to be the power supply.

So +3 for the power, if you don't have a different supply I would definitely try disabling overclock.
Well again it is embarrassing situation while LAN must not have connection problem. But it needs to be perfect and it is possible with the help of internet and at the same time local area network catches the network.
Reference URL's