Forum

Full Version: Mouse doesn't work if disconnected/reconnected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that if you disconnect the mouse and reconnect it later, it doesn't work? I've tried it several times and and all times the mouse stopped working. I haven't been able to test it any further than this but I'm curious if anyone else has the same issue. I have a Raspberry Pi Model B.
Had the same with my keyboard. Bought a powered HUB (so I a total of 5 USB-posts) and that solved it.

The one I use is at: http://xbian.org/wiki/index.php?title=Recommended_and_supported_hardware
I'll take that under consideration, thanks!

Still I find it weird that the laserlight from the mouse turns on, yet it does not work.
The laser light from the mouse turns on when it detects movement or when it gets current from a cable connection (when existent). Doesn't have anything to do with it's connection.
True, but that still does not explain why the pi can't reconnect a working mouse. If it worked the first time, then why not the second time?
Because of the mini-powershock. The Pi is going crazy from the slightest power dip (donnow what it is, no technician). That's why a powered hub solves it Big Grin
Reference URL's