Forum

Full Version: Wifi won't connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I just received my Edimax-dongle (it was recommended by KoenKK).
Plugged it in and started xbian-config through Programs in XBMC (not via SSH) and all available wifi-networks are displayed.
When I select my SSID, I am asked to input my key. After I do that, I get 'Connecting wlan to <my ssid> and after about 10 seconds it shows me the list with available wifi-networks again. When I close the list without selecting a network, it tries to connect to the next network in the list, which obviously fails...
I can do this 2 or 3 times, after that Xbian crashes and I'm stuck at a black screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks
First try it with xbian-config-shell through ssh.
The reason I bought the wifi-dongle is because I don't have a network-connection (yet) for the RPi at my tv.
How can I SSH in then? Smile
Isn't there a file I can edit manually directly on the SD?
You could hang the pi to your LAN network for a moment
Just exit XBMC and login as xbian user.
I can exit XBMC at the shutdown-menu and then I get to a login-prompt?
D'oh, I didn't know that! Tongue
Ok, tried that, but apparently my wireless keyboard/mouse-combo is not compatible with the RPi (it's on the not-supported list Sad ).
So just connected it straight to my router and connected to ssh like that. Smile
To my surprise, my wifi-settings were already filled in, so there must be a litte bug in the xbmc-version of xbian-config or something.
After connecting everything again at the tv, wifi is working! Smile

Thanks!
It is quite embarrassing when wifi won't connect your device, while settings are perfect. This doesn't make you satisfied but the better solution is to change the device.

How to Trade Forex
Reference URL's