Forum

Full Version: Share your XBian/RPi custom setup pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi folks,

We would like to see your home/commercial XBian custom setup and we may use some of the pics to show on our social media.
Please share your pictures with us so we can be jealous Smile
You can share pics of your cases, home theatre setup,etc, etc...basically anything related.
When you share your pics please include some info about, what HW you have used, settings, etc..

Thanks and we looking forward to see some amazing pics
How do you post pictures? I can't see an option to do so anywhere, just the 'post reply' and 'preview post' buttons?

Thanks

Skywatch.
(27th Apr, 2013 08:19 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]How do you post pictures? I can't see an option to do so anywhere, just the 'post reply' and 'preview post' buttons?

Thanks

Skywatch.

when you click reply you can see an little icon or add the attachment
Here is some details of my system. The RPi cant be really seen as it is hidden behind telly.

The RPi details
  • RPi B 512 V2 (default XBian OC)
  • SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I 8GB
  • Maplin Compact Twin USB 2.1A Power Supply
  • Giga LAN network
  • SMB shares from my custom build NAS (nas4free)

Home cinema setup
  • Panasonic TX-50AX802B 50" 4K 3D LED TV -- analog, DVB-T, DVB-T HD, Freesat HD
  • Technomate TM 9100s - Enigma1 Satellite receiver
  • ONKYO TX-NR905 - THX 7.1 receiver
    Speakers:
  • Front - RikaruS Mk 1 ( homemade project )
  • Center - KEF Reference 100
  • Surround - RikaruS Surround Mk 1 ( homemade project )
  • Subwoofer - Mirage BPS - 150i

More pictures an detail
post #934

http://www.avsforum.com/t/931459/show-your-htpc-setup/930#post_22133139

custom builds
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=rikardo1979&folderid=4202
nobody wants to share some pics with us ?
common guys, I'm sure there are plenty of great setups/projects out there..dont be shy Wink
well my setup is a small box where I stuffed in the pi, active usb hub, hdd and 433mhz transmitter... so it's not that fancy Smile
but as soon as I'm ready with adding IR transmitter and a nice webpage to control it I'm gonna enhance the case and show some pictures Big Grin
Rikardo,

I'll add some photos soon as I can clear up the room! ;-0

Scanto,

Are you going to use the pi as an IR transmitter to control hardware devices (like amps and bluray?). I am just looking into this but have some other projects to complete first. Can you tell us more about what you are doing and how? - Maybe a new thread somewhere to save this one going off topic?

Thanks all..

Skywatch
sure. as soon as I'm ready I'll post my whole setup and how I've done it (xbian+pyload+rc switch+ir transmitter (hopefully Big Grin))
Hi,
I thought I would share how I use XBian with everyone. First some background...

My main HTPC is Windows 7 running xbmc and a MediaPortal TV Server. I have a Sanyo PLV-Z2000 projector, an nVidia GT430, a Hauppauge 2250 dual ATSC TV Tuner for Over the Air reception, and a 2TB drive for my content. I've tried using haneWin NFS Server and though my Raspberry Pi benefits from it, for some reason, I have nothing but problems with it on the Windows HTPC. A NAS was in the plans, though and both my RPi and Windows HTPC should benefit from it. Now on to XBian...

XBian #1
  • TV - Pioneer PDP-4280HD
  • SD Card - Lexar 256MB
  • USB Drive - Kingston DataTraveller 111
  • Remote - Bell TV remote with a Flirc IR receiver

The first Raspberry Pi with XBian is in my bedroom. It's currently running Frodo 12.2. I installed XBian to a USB flash drive (Kingston DT111) so I could overclock the RPi. My TV doesn't decode DTS so I needed to overclock for LiveTV and for blue-ray content.

Many people here use CEC, but I prefer to use a serial connection. I have a Satellite receiver and I use its remote control for the Satellite receiver, the TV, and xbmc. I built a cable to connect from the RS-232 port of my TV to the GPIO pins on the pi. FLIRC picks up all my button presses to control xbmc and I have a few special ones to control inputs on the TV.
[attachment=164]

XBian #2
  • TVs - 2 displays in my 2010 Honda Odyssey
  • SD Card - 4GB 133x SD Card
  • Storage - 64GB SDXC plugged into a USB adapter
  • Remote - generic remote with a Flirc IR receiver

I'm running a second XBian in my van to entertain my 3 year old on long trips and have all my music available at the touch of a button. I installed a switch and a couple relays that allow me to fool my van into thinking the backup camera is on, but instead of showing what's behind the car on the front screen, I display whatever (XBian!) is being shown on the Aux (composite) input in the rear seats.

I also tapped into the touchscreen system and switch the touchscreen inputs to a USB controller plugged into the RPi. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the USB driver to work properly so I've been using a generic remote and Flirc IR receiver to control xbmc. Now that it's warm out again (winter, ugh!) and I can work in the car I'll try UART instead of USB and that should get the touchscreen working. Yay!
[attachment=165]
[attachment=166]

I like XBian because it boots fast (important for a carputer) and allows me to tweak it a little bit (important for drivers and serial control). Keep up the good work, guys!

Doug

P.S. I don't drive with a video displayed on the front screen and neither should you! I have a bossy 3-year old to remind me if I forget to turn it off! Big Grin
@doug great setups m8 Wink
I really like your van installation so I uploaded your pic to all out social media as our cover photo Wink
hope you don't mind
Cool
(9th May, 2013 05:17 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]@doug great setups m8 Wink
I really like your van installation so I uploaded your pic to all out social media as our cover photo Wink
hope you don't mind
Cool
You guys share all your time, effort, and other resources. I definitely don't mind sharing a photo.
WCoolW Doug! Your story and pictures really blow my mind! Amazing!
(9th May, 2013 09:36 AM)zilexa Wrote: [ -> ]WCoolW Doug! Your story and pictures really blow my mind! Amazing!
Thanks!

I mentioned a NAS earlier and I couldn't resist! Got an inexpensive Antec Three Hundred Two case and put a Asus C60M1-I with AMD C-60 APU built in. Two evenings later and my NAS is built and has Ubuntu Server 12.04 running on it. It was actually pretty simple to set up. I followed this guide as I know little about linux or servers. I've tested it with both my Windows and XBian HTPCs and it serves up files nicely to both HTPCs which I previously had trouble with playing. I'll play with it for a while before cutting over to it and might test out MythTV as a backend too.

I'm looking forward to both XBian Beta 1 and Gotham when they are released!
some new pics shares with us?
cant believe that we have nobody out there who want to share some ...
I would like to change a background picture on our social media sites, any volunteer??? we need some fresh pic here guys, dont be shy
Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's