Forum

Full Version: endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Can anybody explain why XBian boots and has a constant state of "Preparing ..." almost indefinitely and I cannot play anything?

Even when the Preparing ... goes away I cannot play anything.

Please help!

pd
does ssh works? logs?
super fast reponse, thanks!

Yes SSH works fine, I can boot and reboot and so on. Didn't think of checking the logs, boy I must be flustered to have forgotten that!

Pretty much everything works - thumbnails, browsing the library, pretty much everything but accessing the NAS box where all my content is. However it doesn't seem to be a network issues as my Windows XP machine can access the same NAS box fine. OK, ... to the logs!

The main problem seems to be:

19:21:00 T:2934961216 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate: Starting network check

then nothing happens. so I get several lines saying a folder/file on the NAS share doesn't exist, "skipping scan".
did you try remove the sources and rescan the library ? or just remove the source and add it again and skip the scan.than try to access the files and see if it does work
It's fixed! Thanks ricardo1979. Funny how someone just suggesting that I think in a different direction makes all the difference. It appears the problem was that my NAS has a hard-coded IP with out-dated/wrong DNS and Gateway IP addresses. Woohoo!

Thanks!
nice one Wink glad you have sorted it. now back to enjoyment Big Grin
Reference URL's