Forum

Full Version: Looking for a Plugin Install Walkthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is anyone aware of a walk-through I can find to copy files to the home\xbian folder? I want to manually install a plug-in.

I am very new at this and I know absolutely nothing about Linux or Linux commands, which is causing the issue.

I've tried 3 different apps on my Windows PC that let me see the the partition and files, but it was read-only. also tried booting from a live Ubuntu disc. I was able to see the partition and home\xbian folder, put was denied access. I just want to install and watch the Hulu+ plug Huh
don't waste your time by manual installation. go to SuperRepo and enjoy Wink
(2nd May, 2013 11:33 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]don't waste your time by manual installation. go to SuperRepo and enjoy Wink

Nice!
(2nd May, 2013 11:58 PM)Faria1st Wrote: [ -> ]
(2nd May, 2013 11:33 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]don't waste your time by manual installation. go to SuperRepo and enjoy Wink

Nice!

So I'm actually home right now and running in to the same issue that I keep having. The depth of the installation instruction literally goes not further then:

“Download the meta-repository addon and install it using “System > Addons > Install a ZIP file“. This will install a repository containing our subrepositories enabling you to easily select specific categories you are interested in.“

The issue I'm having is the fact that I cannot find detailed documentation that specifically explains how to get your .zip files in the home directory, so you can actually install them. All sources of information I've found assumes you know how to do it and provides no details. It certainly isn't copy and paste, so what it is it? Smile

I have tried multiple methods and everything I've used to "see" my home folder, to copy .zip files to, only gives me read only access. I've tried:

Ext2Fsd
DiskInternals Linux Reader
Ext2explore
Ubuntu Live CD
WinSCP

I'm surprised at how non-user friendly this experience has been.
you can use manual installation where no file is needed
http://superrepo.org/get-started/optional-methods/
btw are you sure you SD card is no physically locked?
you can try WinSCP and copy your file into /boot
That is FAT partition on the card so you should be able to even see it under Win an copy files into
(3rd May, 2013 05:41 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]you can try WinSCP and copy your file into /boot
That is FAT partition on the card so you should be able to even see it under Win an copy files into

Hi and thanks for being so supportive. My card is definitely, not locked. Also, WinSCP is one of the apps I've tried. For whatever reason, I can see the partition, but I cannot write to it. When I try to drag a .zip to it, I get the "circle with a slash" symbol, which shows that access isn't allowed. A friend at work told me to verify that the FTP daemon was enabled. So I'll look in to that when I get home.
just plug your card into computer which run Windows and you should be able access the FAT partition.than jus copy your zip file onto.than under XBMC you find the file in /boot folder
how about ssh and then
Code:
wget http://addons.superrepo.org/Frodo/Repositories/repository.superrepo.org.frodo.repositories/repository.superrepo.org.frodo.repositories-0.2.1.zip
(4th May, 2013 06:12 AM)Scanto Wrote: [ -> ]how about ssh and then
Code:
wget http://addons.superrepo.org/Frodo/Repositories/repository.superrepo.org.frodo.repositories/repository.superrepo.org.frodo.repositories-0.2.1.zip

I just trying to keep the guys in Windows environment Wink so away from anything tux related Wink
ok Smile
sorry
(4th May, 2013 08:34 AM)Scanto Wrote: [ -> ]ok Smile
sorry

no no probs m8, appreciate your input Wink
I was just trying to explain why I posting the way I did Wink
all help is welcome, always
(4th May, 2013 06:17 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I just trying to keep the guys in Windows environment Wink so away from anything tux related Wink

then why not xbian-package-samba?
Reference URL's