Forum

Full Version: Sandisk Ultra 16gb Class 10 problems again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was a hard one to spot. It has been a problematic card for Xbian in the past too.

Basically, if you install Xbian (Alpha 5.7) on the card, everything proceeds fine. 100% success rate. It's when you come to reboot that the trouble happens. I'm getting a 2% or so reboot success rate. 100% repeatable on different Pis and different power supplies.

Anyone else with the same?

/Dextrus
Is it just intolerant to overclocking perhaps?
For me it didn't even install on this card, it's a known problem with cards from Sandisk. Changing the core frequency to 250 solved all of these problems for me. I ended up moving the root partition to an external usb harddisk so I could overclock again.
I am also having the problem but I have also noticed that if I unplug my Edimax EW-7811Un USB wireless adapter it boots up. With it plugged in I have to keep unplugging and plugging it back in until it finally boots up.
(17th May, 2013 05:19 AM)CodeSmoke Wrote: [ -> ]I am also having the problem but I have also noticed that if I unplug my Edimax EW-7811Un USB wireless adapter it boots up. With it plugged in I have to keep unplugging and plugging it back in until it finally boots up.

powered USB hub!
Do not plug anything direct to RPi USB ports
I have the same problem with a second RPI that I just received. I am also using a Sandisk Ultra 16gb Class 10 on the new board. The image on this card would not boot from my older model B either. I have been successfully using the 8GB version since February. Not sure what the issue is here.
(11th Jul, 2013 06:22 AM)loknar28 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem with a second RPI that I just received. I am also using a Sandisk Ultra 16gb Class 10 on the new board. The image on this card would not boot from my older model B either. I have been successfully using the 8GB version since February. Not sure what the issue is here.

Did you try lowering the core overclock setting back down to 250?
Reference URL's