Forum

Full Version: 3D not working for all files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I thought this was a problem with XBMC but I've narrowed it down to only appearing to be an issue running within XBian

Any content I have that is 3D I add the 3DSBS string to the filename to automatically switch my TV to 3D mode. Running on Xbian, some content works, some doesnt. All the correct files are registered as 3dSBS but the resolution switching doesn't take place for some files.

I had originally posted this to the XBMC forum and had some guidance but no resolution so I thought I would try one of the other Pi XBMCs (openelec in this case) and lo and behold it switched every 3D file correctly and played them.

I haven't tried the other XBMC distro as it hasn't worked well in the past for me and I've loved usign Xbian so i'd prefer to stick with this but I'm wondering what needs to happen to provide the correct information for analysis.

Here's the link to the XBMC.org forum post - there are pastebin's and a sample file links within that thread.

Let me know if I need to register this on the github or if anyone can reproduce the problem.

Thanks

Num
Did you upgrade to XBMC 12.2 already? You can check your xbmc version under System -> System
info
Hi Koenkk,

Yes fully up to date - I reinstalled xbian this morning from scratch and didn't restore in case it was a throwback from a previous file or plugin. Still no joy.

Just to add in case it isn't apparent - when it plays 3D files incorrectly, it only plays the left hand side of the frame (or what I believe to be the left) certainly its only playing half the content.
(21st May, 2013 10:44 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post your log? http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-8.html

Here's the debug log of the attempt to play a working 3D followed by a non-working 3D file

http://pastebin.com/2R6wHX2f
Couldn't be due to gpu mem that is lower in xbian than openlec?
Ps : they have a just changed (5 day ago), and now use same value as xbian. But your build shouldn't have this.
maybe try with old config.txt from openelec.
(21st May, 2013 09:04 PM)numanoids Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I thought this was a problem with XBMC but I've narrowed it down to only appearing to be an issue running within XBian

Any content I have that is 3D I add the 3DSBS string to the filename to automatically switch my TV to 3D mode. Running on Xbian, some content works, some doesnt. All the correct files are registered as 3dSBS but the resolution switching doesn't take place for some files.

I had originally posted this to the XBMC forum and had some guidance but no resolution so I thought I would try one of the other Pi XBMCs (openelec in this case) and lo and behold it switched every 3D file correctly and played them.

I haven't tried the other XBMC distro as it hasn't worked well in the past for me and I've loved usign Xbian so i'd prefer to stick with this but I'm wondering what needs to happen to provide the correct information for analysis.

Here's the link to the XBMC.org forum post - there are pastebin's and a sample file links within that thread.

Let me know if I need to register this on the github or if anyone can reproduce the problem.

Thanks

Num

I'm having exactly the same issue, though I only noticed this after upgrading to XBMC 12.2, before that my files played ok (though I have to manually switch the TV to 3d mode). If the file name has 3DSBS or HSBS then xbian only plays the left hand side of the video now. I've had to remove the tags 3dsbs and hsbs from my files for now. Would be interested in knowing what the resolution for this is.
@numanoids
you mentioned some link to XBMC forum where you posted this, but you forgot to put the link here in your post Wink can you please give us the link so I may have a look into it ?
-thx-
(22nd May, 2013 03:03 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]@numanoids
you mentioned some link to XBMC forum where you posted this, but you forgot to put the link here in your post Wink can you please give us the link so I may have a look into it ?
-thx-

Sincerest apologies!!! Schoolboy error - Here's the link

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165171&pid=1424012#

Thank you
thank you
I knew where to look for as I've tried to help you over on XBMC forum Wink I just ask so you post the link so the others know where to look

I have to say that the troubleshoot is not easy as I do not have any 3D equipment at home(I'm strictly against this technology Smile ) and I think none of our crew members has one either.
But will do our best to try help as usual Wink or at least you have posted here on our forum so maybe some of other guys may have such device and may give a hand

So I have downloaded the sample file you have posted and I tested the file but as I do not have 3D the file plays on full screen with resolution 1280*720 and the playback OSD shows it is 720p file
So im afraid I cant help much here
Thanks Rikardo, I did recognise the name Smile I'm willing to do what I can to help diagnose and nail down the issue if I can.

I'm away from home the next few days but the good thing is I can still trigger remote playing and observe logfiles to see what happens.

I'll try the suggestion above and compare the config.txt files to see if these could be to blame and report back. As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad to see ws6an is having the same problem as it shows its reproducable outside of my setup.
I think that I have found it Wink but you have to test as I cant
but now the video is not full screen but I have two pictures side by side

Fix sounds a bit strange and it is weird but it seems to work. So when you have a chance test it please and report back so we can look more into it

fix

as you have your file like your_file_3DSBS.mkv just rename it to your_file_3dsbs.mkv

Looks that we do not like the capital letters Smile

Let me know if this works so we can look why it is works only with lower case text Wink
lol now I wish I have some 3D things home so I could test if this works Big Grin
Sinon, il y a qd même eu quelques patch pour openelec et la 3d,
il y a les patchs ici :
https://github.com/jaaps/xbmc/compare/master...3d
(22nd May, 2013 09:55 PM)belese Wrote: [ -> ]Sinon, il y a qd même eu quelques patch pour openelec et la 3d,
il y a les patchs ici :
https://github.com/jaaps/xbmc/compare/master...3d

and in english please ?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's