Forum

Full Version: Solved: NFS problem: no such file or directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have some problems getting my NFS server working.

I have a router with tomatoUSB. The nfs server is running and I can find it from my raspberry.

showmounts returns
/tmp/mnt/Elements/export/ 192.168.1.43/24

/etc/exports:
/mnt/Elements/export 192.168.1.43/24(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,insecure)

However, when I try to mount the drive in xbian or connect to it in xbmc I get "access denied by server.

Server log:
May 29 21:38:33 unknown daemon.notice mountd[1719]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.1.43:924 for /tmp/mnt/Elements/export (/tmp/mnt/Elements/export)
May 29 21:38:33 unknown daemon.warn mountd[1719]: getfh failed: No such file or directory

ls /tmp/mnt/Elements/export/ returns subfolders though, so the directory exists.

I have no clue where I should begin with this problem, help appreciated![/align]
(30th May, 2013 05:46 AM)Arevall Wrote: [ -> ]/etc/exports:
/mnt/Elements/export 192.168.1.43/24(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,insecure)

However, when I try to mount the drive in xbian or connect to it in xbmc I get "access denied by server.

is it /mnt/xxxxx what you are exporting, or /tmp/mnt ???

anyhow, post "ls -la /mnt/Elements/" (or /tmp/mnt - the one which is right) and "mount" from the server.

mk
Thanks for the reply.

I think I had the problem because the server didn't support nfs with ntfs partition (maybe nfs never does that?). I tried exporting a usb-stick formatted as ext3 and that worked.

I'm changing my ntfs partition to ext3... estimated time left 30 hours. I was really stupid and didn't resize the partition before expanding it, lessons learned I guess!.
Reference URL's