Forum

Full Version: Airplay from OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Have installed xbian recently and it runs very nice.
With airplay enabled it works well streaming video from my iOS devices.

However it does not work from my mac. I dont even see the Airplay icon in the menubar of OSX.

What am I missing?

Best regards,
Lars Rohdin

It does work playing audio from iTunes... But display mirroring does not work.

When I tried with airparrot I get the error "Airplay: Connection blocked".
(4th Jun, 2013 05:14 AM)larsrohdin Wrote: [ -> ]It does work playing audio from iTunes... But display mirroring does not work.

this is not a bug, this is by design. airplay mirroring is not supported.

I;m too sad as well.
(4th Jun, 2013 06:02 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(4th Jun, 2013 05:14 AM)larsrohdin Wrote: [ -> ]It does work playing audio from iTunes... But display mirroring does not work.

this is not a bug, this is by design. airplay mirroring is not supported.

I;m too sad as well.

Will this ever change, or do we have to live with this?

Hhhhm, check what I found:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=49668
(1st Aug, 2013 12:49 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Will this ever change, or do we have to live with this?

Hhhhm, check what I found:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=49668

I don't exactly know whether the non-existence is a licensing issue, or technical.

But for MACOS there are solutions providing AirPlay with mirroring on MacOSX as a renderer (AirServer for instance - which I was happy to buy).

I would not hesitate to pay for such solution on RPI as well.
Yeah, I use Beamer.app to stream movies from my MBP to the Rpi, that works really well.
I do, however, want to mirror my MBP's screen to the RPi.
I don't think Airserver can do that right?
(1st Aug, 2013 01:14 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I use Beamer.app to stream movies from my MBP to the Rpi, that works really well.
I do, however, want to mirror my MBP's screen to the RPi.
I don't think Airserver can do that right?

What I meant is that AirServer can do that (receive AirPlay mirroring) on macosx, so you can send your screens to a device with MacOSX installed.

So technically is possible, probably licensing issue? If you succeed in getting hands on the software, write a report then.
(1st Aug, 2013 09:54 PM)f.schaperdot Wrote: [ -> ]You have to disable IPv6
echo.net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1>/etc/sysctl.d/disableipv6.conf

actually this is really first to do for macs and ATV for instance… but not officially known - and Apple is forcing ipv6 very hard by default.

btw: on xbian, ipv6 IS disabled by default by blacklisted ipv6 module in /etc/modprobe.d/ipv6.
Reference URL's