Forum

Full Version: iplayer addon will play live TV, but not other streams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am delighted that so much works - thank you to everyone responsible - so it's the bits that don't that stands out.

I have XBian 1.0Alpha5 running on a standard XBian overclocked Pi B/256Mb, powered by a 1.5A charger (thank you Nokia). I use a Logitech wireless mouse, with a nano USB dongle, to control it. It is connected via a LAN, and has a 2Gb SD card.

Following the instructions elsewhere here (and thank you) I have enabled the SuperRepo.org addon respository and installed version 2.4.17 of the iplayer addon from superrepo.org/plugin.video.iplayer/.

It worked when watching a catchup programme... once Smile It was last week's I, Claudius. Since then, it has failed to work on every catchup programme, TV or radio, I have tried, including this week's I, Claudius.

The error given is "Stream Already Playing - To continue, stop all other streams (try pressing 'x')"

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the addon. It will play live BBC TV and other addons, including ITV's player from the same repository work.

Looking at the source at code.google.com, I can see that a new version of the plugin was released yesterday. Apart from 'try that', are they any other suggestions?
Funny that you should say that. After months of good iplayer tonight it won't play any videos and gives an error (that I have not yet looked at - oops!)...

So it's not just you.

Other streams work fine (like channel 4) so something is up.

Skywatch

UPDATE

I just installed version 4.18 of the iplayer plugin and all is working well again. I respectfully suggest that you try doing that too!

Skywatch
Quote:it's not just you

Ah, good Smile Thank you!
.. and trying the new version still comes up with the same error Sad

What I did was copy the files from its Google code site over the ones in /home/.xmbc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer (or whatever it's actually called!) There isn't a cached version anywhere is there?
The British BBC iPlayer plugin (2.4.18) has been released and whilst it works to watch catchup programs it still doesn't pause and 'unpause' cleanly. Often repeating a section of previously viewed material when unpausing and sometimes crashing back out to the menu.

Neither of these issues occur using a PC and Firefox. Anyone know how/where to report this to the devs?

Skywatch
(9th Jun, 2013 07:33 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]The British BBC iPlayer plugin (2.4.18) has been released and whilst it works to watch catchup programs it still doesn't pause and 'unpause' cleanly. Often repeating a section of previously viewed material when unpausing and sometimes crashing back out to the menu.

Neither of these issues occur using a PC and Firefox. Anyone know how/where to report this to the devs?

Skywatch

merged into this one, no need to have multiple threads for one thing!
(9th Jun, 2013 01:05 AM)lovingboth Wrote: [ -> ].. and trying the new version still comes up with the same error Sad

What I did was copy the files from its Google code site over the ones in /home/.xmbc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer (or whatever it's actually called!) There isn't a cached version anywhere is there?

What I did was to download the zip file onto my laptop and then transfer it to the home directory on the pi.

Then from the addon menu choose 'install from zip file'. When installed reboot (just for good measure) and you should be good to go.

If not, then tell us what else you have running on the pi. It might help narrow it down a little.

Skywatch
Just tried this - remove, install from .zip, reboot... same problem Sad

As in what other addons? ITV (works), 4Od (works), Demand5 (haven't tried..)
This may seem obvious, but you have tried 'apt-get update' haven't you?

Try this.....
Delete the iplayer zip file on your pi.
Download the plug in from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list and place on the pi's home directory.
Install from zip as before (do not remove the old one first).
Reboot.

That aside I don't really know. I have BBC,ITV,Ch4,Ch5 all working on my pi. I do have the mpeg hardware licence installed but it shouldn't be the cause of this problem.

Skywatch
No, I hadn't done an update, so I did that plus 'apt-get upgrade' last night.

As I managed to hose the system by doing an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' too - sorry, it's what I am used to doing when upgrade reports that packages have been held back, and I now know better - I am taking the opportunity to see what happens when I try iplayer on Raspbmc.

I must say Xbian's install is nicer...
I think that you have messed up something somewhere in chain of all the changes you have done when you was trying to fix the add-on.
Have you tried to wipe the whole lot and start from scratch?
Rikardo is right, you should start over again.

I always take an image (using the Xbian installer) at each stage that I get addons working. I also image after successful updates. I usually keep the last 3 images. That way if things go wrong it's easy to go back to the last stable working version you had and try again.

I have a problem now getting wifi to work with the latest pi.....so off to that headache I go! ;-)

SKywatch
Yes, I have started again.. and it is (currently) working Smile

It was the second attempt at starting over. In the first, I did an apt-get update / apt-get upgrade and that had a problem with Perl (unable to create a directory in /usr/lib/perl/5.14.2//5.14.2/auto/Devel/ - it was DProf, but when I tried manually, I couldn't create anything there either), so I have resisted the temptation to do that this time.
I don't like this add-on anymore, because every time when the updation come the add-on cause problem for me like bugs or give error while playing.
Reference URL's