Forum
Duplicate Movie Entries in Library - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Duplicate Movie Entries in Library (/thread-1016.html)

Duplicate Movie Entries in Library - Altin - 18th Jun, 2013 05:54 AM

I had a library of movies built up on my XBian which were located in a directory on my external HDD. In tidying up the folders on the hard drive I moved all the movies to a different directory on the same HDD. Now when I go into Movies or the Library in XBian I have 2 entries for every movie. Ive tried rescanning the catalogue and also selecting 'Clean Library' in the settings but it didnt have any effect, I still have 2 entries for each movie. How can i fix this?

Re: Duplicate Movie Entries in Library - rikardo1979 - 18th Jun, 2013 06:15 AM

first u have to remove old source which you dont use anymore and than do Clean library

RE: Duplicate Movie Entries in Library - mk01 - 18th Jun, 2013 07:04 AM

(18th Jun, 2013 06:15 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  first u have to remove old source which you dont use anymore and than do Clean library

yes indeed + clean will also remove duplicates created by (nobody knows) with same source. feel free to use it.

(but be cautious at the same time, clean will remove all records to media which are not accessible. so can happen you will take portable hd to a friend and accidental launch of clean will _clean_ your lib Smile )