Forum
[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages (/thread-1018.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

AW: RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 16th Jan, 2014 01:19 AM

(16th Jan, 2014 01:17 AM)maiis Wrote:  Hello,

What filesystem is recommended for the USB drive ? I read around that performances can vary a lot depending on how the drive is formated. I was thinking of Ext4 ?

Cheers,
Manu

ext4 is a really good choice because it is a native Linux filesystem. other filesystem's like NTFS cause a lot of CPU load on the Raspberry Pi and therefore aren't recommended.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - maiis - 17th Jan, 2014 02:08 AM

(16th Jan, 2014 01:19 AM)freem@n Wrote:  
(16th Jan, 2014 01:17 AM)maiis Wrote:  Hello,

What filesystem is recommended for the USB drive ? I read around that performances can vary a lot depending on how the drive is formated. I was thinking of Ext4 ?

Cheers,
Manu

ext4 is a really good choice because it is a native Linux filesystem. other filesystem's like NTFS cause a lot of CPU load on the Raspberry Pi and therefore aren't recommended.

Thanks for quick reply. I struggled to make it ext4, in order to copy files from my mac, made it ext2 so far.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 17th Jan, 2014 03:14 AM

you could try the free MacFuse driver to make ext4 drives accesible from within OS X

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - maiis - 18th Jan, 2014 09:26 PM

(17th Jan, 2014 03:14 AM)freem@n Wrote:  you could try the free MacFuse driver to make ext4 drives accesible from within OS X

Thanks, i ended up using Paragon ExtFS for Mac OS X 9 (trial 10 days version)

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 18th Jan, 2014 10:22 PM

(18th Jan, 2014 09:26 PM)maiis Wrote:  Thanks, i ended up using Paragon ExtFS for Mac OS X 9 (trial 10 days version)

i wish you 10 happy days, pal Wink

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - koper89 - 19th Jan, 2014 05:36 AM

(11th Nov, 2013 02:31 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  
(11th Nov, 2013 01:37 AM)pit79 Wrote:  Hey,
Have transmission 2.80 form Xbian package, problem is download speed not exceeding 1 MB/s usually go up to max mb then go back to 0. I read somewhere is transmission bug, port is open, settings.json set up, so how i can update transmission to 2.82 or downgrade it or whatever to fix this annoying issue? Sorry for than kind of question but im brand new to Xbian Big Grin

Remove the xbian package and install the regular transmission-daemon, it's older (2.52).

Terminal

sudo apt-get remove xbian-package-transmission
sudo apt-get install transmission-daemon

Hi, I got also problems with download speed on transmission 2.80 but can't install 2.52 because few of my trackers allow only stable versions of transmission,
1.92 , 2.03 , 2.04 , 2.13 , 2.22 , 2.33 , 2.42 , 2.82
Is there any other way to get it working with decent speed?

And also having some problems with sickbeard, after couple of minutes after starting, the site crash and I can't access sickbeard, I need to restart sickbeard to get it back for few minutes and then crashes again and again....
Is there any solution?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - koper89 - 19th Jan, 2014 11:15 PM

(12th Jan, 2014 04:56 AM)maybeme Wrote:  Would it be possible to merge the commits of https://github.com/mr-orange/Sick-Beard (ThePirateBay branch) into the xbian-sickbeard-tpb repository? For example the url of TPB is outdated, and other fixes are applied too.
+1

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - maiis - 20th Jan, 2014 08:56 PM

(12th Jan, 2014 04:56 AM)maybeme Wrote:  Would it be possible to merge the commits of https://github.com/mr-orange/Sick-Beard (ThePirateBay branch) into the xbian-sickbeard-tpb repository? For example the url of TPB is outdated, and other fixes are applied too.

(19th Jan, 2014 11:15 PM)koper89 Wrote:  
+1

In the meantime you can edit the file:
/usr/local/share/sickbeard/sickbeard/providers/thepiratebay.py

And change the url on this line:
self.url = 'http://thepiratebay.sx/'

Then restart sickbeard.
Tested and worked for me Cool

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 20th Jan, 2014 11:18 PM

isn't Pirate Bay (and other Public trackers) very insecure these days ?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Akodo - 25th Jan, 2014 09:12 AM

Transmission 2.80 is giving me some troubles and 2.52 isn't a valid option for me. I was looking around and saw that on the Xbian github repo the transmission package has been updated to 2.82 for a few months now. https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-transmission

How do I go about actually getting Xbian to pull the update from github.
Thanks guys.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - mk01 - 25th Jan, 2014 04:57 PM

@Akodo

if you see it on github, it is already as .deb as well on apt repo.

so you do just "apt-get install xbian-package-transmission"

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Akodo - 25th Jan, 2014 07:08 PM

(25th Jan, 2014 04:57 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @Akodo

if you see it on github, it is already as .deb as well on apt repo.

so you do just "apt-get install xbian-package-transmission"

No bueno. Trying to install/update through Xbian config and the command line both say I have the newest version. I definitely am on Transmission 2.80 and apt-get is updated and what not. Any idea's of what to try next?

EDIT: Yea, apt-cache is reporting that the repo is on 2.80 despite what's on github.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 25th Jan, 2014 07:56 PM

it might be on the staging oder devel repo instead of the stable. I'll have a look for you later.
If you know the risks and are comfortable with it you can grab the *.deb directly from there and install it manually

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Akodo - 25th Jan, 2014 08:08 PM

(25th Jan, 2014 07:56 PM)freem@n Wrote:  it might be on the staging oder devel repo instead of the stable. I'll have a look for you later.
If you know the risks and are comfortable with it you can grab the *.deb directly from there and install it manually

Unless I completely stroked out it wasn't in any of the alternate repos. (The devel/staging repos are pretty bare when it comes to additional packages.)

I'm fine with manually installing but creating the .deb from the github source is beyond what I know. Worst case I'll just learn and do it myself.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 25th Jan, 2014 08:22 PM

you're right. I couldn't find the 2.82 on the stable/devel repo either.
latest version I found was still v2.80 on the stable repo. maybe someone just forgot to put the new version on the repo.