Forum
[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages (/thread-1018.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - mk01 - 26th Jan, 2014 12:38 AM

ok, now it is in staging.

but I'm not maintainer of this particular package so have no feedback why it wasn't published.

so be careful (backup current configs).

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Fred - 27th Jan, 2014 11:45 PM

Couchpotato, SickBeard and headphones are now updated to the latest versions. About transmission 2.82, it can be published and I already told a while ago but don't know why it's held back.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 1st Feb, 2014 12:48 AM

Does anybody know why transmission is so much faster than nzbget with regards to download speeds (or maybe torrent vs nzb)?

I have a 20Mb connection and my RPi is connected through LAN. In transmission I get speeds over 2MB/s and in nzbget it stalls at ~960KB/s.

I'm on a 20Mb SunnyUsenet account but when I use this on my PC I also get speeds over 2MB/s. Is nzbget such a resource intensive application?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 1st Feb, 2014 12:53 AM

I get around 1.7MB/s in nzbget with SSL turned on (power line adapter is the limiting factor here). are you using ssl or is it turned off?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 1st Feb, 2014 01:19 AM

(1st Feb, 2014 12:53 AM)freem@n Wrote:  I get around 1.7MB/s in nzbget with SSL turned on (power line adapter is the limiting factor here). are you using ssl or is it turned off?

SSL turned off and I'm using the default settings from the package. Can my 1mA adapter be the limiting factor? Would be strange because transmission does get > 2MB speeds.

Or could it be because my DestDir (${MainDir}/downloads), InterDir (${MainDir}/temp), NzbDir (${MainDir}/temp), QueueDir (${MainDir}/temp), TempDir (${MainDir}/temp) are on the same USB HDD?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 1st Feb, 2014 01:23 AM

it could be the nice value of nzbget. maybe the priority of this process is too low to max out your connection. but I don't understand why it's reasonably fast for me although I'm using SSL and the default nice value..

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 1st Feb, 2014 01:36 AM

(1st Feb, 2014 01:23 AM)freem@n Wrote:  it could be the nice value of nzbget. maybe the priority of this process is too low to max out your connection. but I don't understand why it's reasonably fast for me although I'm using SSL and the default nice value..

How did you set up your folders in nzbget?

AW: RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 1st Feb, 2014 01:42 AM

(1st Feb, 2014 01:36 AM)Carpenter Wrote:  How did you set up your folders in nzbget?

ah, you're right. how could I miss tha?. my intermediate folder is on the 16gb SDHC card (boot volume) and the destination directory is on my ext4 external HDD. the files are then moved to the right folder on the hdd with the pp-scripts.
I also removed "sync" option from usbmount.conf to achieve better read/write speeds.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 1st Feb, 2014 01:54 AM

(1st Feb, 2014 01:42 AM)freem@n Wrote:  
(1st Feb, 2014 01:36 AM)Carpenter Wrote:  How did you set up your folders in nzbget?

ah, you're right. how could I miss tha?. my intermediate folder is on the 16gb SDHC card (boot volume) and the destination directory is on my ext4 external HDD. the files are then moved to the right folder on the hdd with the pp-scripts.
I also removed "sync" option from usbmount.conf to achieve better read/write speeds.

I already removed the sync option and tried to move the interdir, queue dir to my sd card but no improvements so far... Huh

Ok, silly me, I used the standard setting of 4 connections per server but my usenet provider allows me to have 10. Now I get speeds around 1,9MB/s UndecidedBig Grin

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - koper89 - 4th Feb, 2014 10:35 AM

Hi, I have a question about couchpotato/sickbeard memory usage:
In my processes i got 2x sickbeard (TPB + Anime Branch) and couchpotato:
In task manager I can see that i got 3xpython processes and 2 of them ~9% memory usage and 1 is ~15%, is this normal usage? (it's almost 35% of my ram so - 131MB i think it's a little to much) - CPU Usage 0,3-0,7% each. so i think it's kk.
For comparision my rtorrent is consuming only 3.4% memory so about 13MB, and 0,5-1,7% CPU with 33 completed processes (only few active and seeding but it's because of leechers availability) Anyway I thought but in general it consumes about 1-2mb per 1 upload slot (depend on chunk size)

EDIT:
In couchpotato I got only 1 movie snatched and 1 looking for and in sickbeard TPB - 2 on watch, Anime - 4 on watch.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - richcranney - 9th Mar, 2014 02:46 AM

Hi everyone,

Just hoping someone can help as I'm not sure whats happening... I try and run the code

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" xbian-package-download

and I get the following error...

Terminal
Get:1 http://xbian.brantje.com/ stable/main xbian-package-sickbeard armhf 1.2 [3,532 B]
Fetched 1 B in 0s (2 B/s)
Failed to fetch http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/stable/main/x/xbian-package-sickbeard/xbian-package-sickbeard_1.2_armhf.deb Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
root@xbian:/home/xbian#

I even try just the xbian-package-sickbeard and get the same error.

Is there a problem with the package or am I doing something really really stupid?

Thanks

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - koper89 - 9th Mar, 2014 05:13 AM

Did you try sudo apt-get update firstly?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - richcranney - 9th Mar, 2014 07:03 AM

(9th Mar, 2014 05:13 AM)koper89 Wrote:  Did you try sudo apt-get update firstly?

Yeah, did that first. I followed the instructions from Part 1 thread, then gave the first link in this thread a try and had the same problem.

I tried the --fix-missing too and still no luck Sad

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - cheleby2 - 14th Mar, 2014 06:14 AM

Hi,

I had the exactly same problem. It did not go away for a couple of things I tried. Eventually I manually installed the sickbeard package.

Code:
wget http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/stable/main/x/xbian-package-sickbeard/xbian-package-sickbeard_1.2_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-sickbeard_1.2_armhf.deb

That gave an error:
Quote:dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of xbian-package-sickbeard:
xbian-package-sickbeard depends on xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb; however:
Package xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb is not installed.

Then I did install -f
Code:
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get -f install

After that succeeded, I run the usual xbian package installation command

Code:
sudo apt-get -f install -y -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold"  xbian-package-download

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 24th Mar, 2014 07:43 PM

I've installed this entire package succesfully but because I had some troubles with CouchPotato, I've reinstalled CouchPotato seperately.

However, when I run the update process via the config shell I'm always reminded that there are packages that can be removed via 'apt-get autoremove'. Is there a way to let apt-get know that these packages are still there or do I have to reinstall the entire download package?

Terminal

xbian@xbian:~$ sudo apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-dev libevent-extra-2.0-5 libevent-openssl-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5 libpar2-0 libsigc++0c2 python-cheetah ufsutils unrar
xbian-package-headphones xbian-package-nzbget xbian-package-sickbeard xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb xbian-package-transmission
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 15 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 28.0 MB disk space will be freed.