Forum
[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages (/thread-1018.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Jordi Renier - 26th Mar, 2014 08:33 PM

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - diallito - 26th Mar, 2014 08:53 PM

Hi
I've been testing this stuff on my pi...
All installations where ok.
But it seems the downloads in transmission don't start automaticly
Also after some seconds... i get an error: File exists

EDIT: fixed the file exists error

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - zilexa - 28th Mar, 2014 03:46 AM

(27th Jan, 2014 11:45 PM)Fred Wrote:  Couchpotato, SickBeard and headphones are now updated to the latest versions. About transmission 2.82, it can be published and I already told a while ago but don't know why it's held back.
Hi Fred, I have a couple of suggestions for Transmission:
- would it be an idea to include support for auto-trigger XBMC to scan the downloaded file? XBMC will not perform a full scan, only scan that one file just downloaded. This is easy: add a 1 line script (.sh file) to the transmission folder and adjust the settings.json file to run that script.
- change up/down speed to 90/2000 with the nice settings, RPi is perfectly capable of reaching higher download speeds without slowing down the system
- a bunch of other settings.json related stuff like the IP whitelist and this one:
- do not create the incomplete, downloads, torrents folders. Everyone will either have to create symlinks or change the settings.json file --> they need to change this file anyway, why not set folders pointing to the default usb drive? /media/usb0/downloads, /media/usb0/incomplete etc

I would not mind managing the the transmission package btw Smile

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - min - 29th Mar, 2014 09:08 AM

On the suggestions bandwagon-would it be possible to update sources ourselves?

For example if I pull the latest source from sickbeard-tpb and point to it in the init.d script, is this going to cause a problem for any system processes?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Davem - 29th Mar, 2014 11:58 PM

(29th Mar, 2014 09:08 AM)min Wrote:  On the suggestions bandwagon-would it be possible to update sources ourselves?

For example if I pull the latest source from sickbeard-tpb and point to it in the init.d script, is this going to cause a problem for any system processes?
That works for me. I have installed sickbeard-tpb in the xbian home directory this way. Updating sickbeard also works.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 01:10 AM

(28th Mar, 2014 03:46 AM)zilexa Wrote:  Hi Fred, I have a couple of suggestions for Transmission:
- would it be an idea to include support for auto-trigger XBMC to scan the downloaded file? XBMC will not perform a full scan, only scan that one file just downloaded. This is easy: add a 1 line script (.sh file) to the transmission folder and adjust the settings.json file to run that script.

so to follow up your question about "how to start", ... you just found your second training area Wink

fork also xbian-package-transmission to your git account a do the changes Wink

mk

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Enferax - 8th Apr, 2014 05:06 AM

Hi all,

can someone give me a hint how to set the permissions that new downloaded files can be altered and erased from a windows machine? By now I have to set permissions manually which is quit annoying.

Thanks in advance.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 23rd Apr, 2014 10:46 PM

Is it possible that someone updates the Couchpotato package to the latest version, or change it so that it automatically updates to the latest version (of the original repo).

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - JumbledGrass - 4th May, 2014 08:07 PM

Any idea if you will push a new branch of sickbeard-tpb now when the old one isn't supported anymore? It was removed from Github by the author.

I would kindly suggest an alternative branch, which is echel0n's SickBeard-TVRage - github | forum

In case xbian devs aren't aware of it, let me suggest that it would be a better option as:
  • the codebase is directly taken from mr-orange's fork
  • it has a lot more traffic (junalmeida's was last updated 2 months ago)
  • over at Sickbeard's forum the dev immediately responded to concerns of sb-tpb's removal with assistance and pointed out his own fork

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - danell - 5th May, 2014 09:39 PM

(4th May, 2014 08:07 PM)JumbledGrass Wrote:  Any idea if you will push a new branch of sickbeard-tpb now when the old one isn't supported anymore? It was removed from Github by the author.

I would kindly suggest an alternative branch, which is echel0n's SickBeard-TVRage - github | forum

In case xbian devs aren't aware of it, let me suggest that it would be a better option as:
  • the codebase is directly taken from mr-orange's fork
  • it has a lot more traffic (junalmeida's was last updated 2 months ago)
  • over at Sickbeard's forum the dev immediately responded to concerns of sb-tpb's removal with assistance and pointed out his own fork

1+

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Fred - 6th May, 2014 01:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into this when I got the time.

Also, latest Couchpotato changes are pulled in.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - paulistano - 17th May, 2014 12:36 AM

My question has already been addressed. About updating sickbeard.
I just want to thank all that worked on this package. It´s simply amazing!!!

I used to use flexget but now it´s getting close to perfection... if isn´t already there.

Thanks for the guys who made this possible.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - danell - 17th May, 2014 03:10 AM

When do you think Sickbeard will be updated to echel0n's SickBeard-TVRage?
Right now I have git-installed it but it's a little bit messed up for me.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - JumbledGrass - 18th May, 2014 03:22 AM

(17th May, 2014 03:10 AM)danell Wrote:  When do you think Sickbeard will be updated to echel0n's SickBeard-TVRage?
Right now I have git-installed it but it's a little bit messed up for me.

I've git-installed it too, so I can keep up: all I did was clone into the xbian home folder, edit the xbian Sick Beard package's init.d file (making a backup to sickbeard.org first) and copy the config.ini from the xbian Sick Beard package location to the one in the xbian home folder.

Allowing SickRage to rebuild your library from scratch and walking away for a couple of hours while it does so, instead of copying the .db file, is strongly advised. Use the "Add Existing Shows" procedure on your TV directory. If you don't, SickRage tries to "upgrade" the database to a new format and in my experience this goes wrong and does mess things up.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - danell - 18th May, 2014 06:19 PM

The problem i have with git-installing it is that I can't update. I'm pretty new to git but the error I get is this: http://tny.cz/483532ba