Forum
[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages (/thread-1018.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Re: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - min - 12th Dec, 2013 08:36 PM

Is is possible to update the nzbget package after installing everything?

Currently nzbget is at version 12, imo there's some good improvements made since v11.

AW: RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 13th Dec, 2013 01:20 AM

(12th Dec, 2013 08:36 PM)min Wrote:  Is is possible to update the nzbget package after installing everything?

Currently nzbget is at version 12, imo there's some good improvements made since v11.

+1
I would really like this as well. there are a lot of great improvements in the new version

Re: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - min - 13th Dec, 2013 01:57 AM

I was wondering if as an alternative you could install the packages individually, and then set up nzbget 12 from source to go alongside them

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Fred - 17th Dec, 2013 09:51 PM

(11th Dec, 2013 11:18 AM)Jordan Ketterer Wrote:  Hello, ALright so i had a great instalation of sickbeard and transmission running on beta 1.1 and it all mysettings and my library set up.
I did a fresh install of beta 2 yesterday installed all the packages through xbian-config on ssh. It worked and so i coppied all the files from my previos install
/etc/sickbeard
/usr/local/share/sickbeard

Everything copied and i rebooted my pi, saddly it did not start automatically so i went with xbian-config in services, and started it. it worked like that, i rebooted and it didnt start and would no longer start from xbian-config

I proceded to remove sickbeard with xbian-config, then i reisntalled, problems presist, then i run
Terminal
sudo apt-get purge xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb
then reinstalled and problems persist
ANY help would be good
[/term]

Can you also try:
Terminal
sudo apt-get purge xbian-package-sickbeard

Then reinstall.

(12th Dec, 2013 02:39 AM)xraxor Wrote:  Im having issue with sickbeard, I disabled Auto Start, and have enable it after a month, now when I reboot Pi sickbeard wont auto start with Auto Start on. I have to manually start it. how can I make it autostart again?

Can you try:

Terminal
sudo update-rc.d sickbeard defaults

@nzbget questions: nzbget latest stable release is at 11, so we will stick with that. If you want 12 you have to compile it yourself.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - dafhus - 19th Dec, 2013 09:27 PM

I have still some problems with the external HD. I followed the instructions on the first page, but it still downloads to the SD card.
So I formatted my HD (exFat), copied all existing movies to it and reinstalled xbian with the whole package and followed the instructions again.

This is what df -h prints:
Code:
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs          7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /
udev            256K  4.0K  252K   2% /dev
tmpfs            38M  204K   38M   1% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /
/dev/mmcblk0p1   34M   14M   21M  40% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /home
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /lib/modules
overflow        1.0M   20K 1004K   2% /tmp
/dev/sda1       1.4T  436G  962G  32% /media/rpihd
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /xbmc-backup

if I want to mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/rpihd/

cp: cannot create symbolic link `/media/rpihd/downloads/downloads': Function not implemented

Code:
/home/xbian/
–downloads
   |__3 folders with movies
–incomplete
   |__20 folders with parts
–torrents
   |__3 torrents
–run_on_reboot

Code:
/media/rpihd/
–many moviefolders...
–downloads
   |__3 folders with movies (the same as on /home/xbian/)
–incomplete
   |__20 folders with parts

(folder torrents not available)

What can I do that it works? Thank you so much for your awesome work!

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Fred - 19th Dec, 2013 09:46 PM

Can you copy the exact commands you used to move the folders to usb and to create the symbolic links?

Edit: I think exFat does not support symbolic links. I would recommend formatting it as ext4 (if you won't use it for any windows related purposes), this will result in best performance.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - min - 20th Dec, 2013 01:57 AM

Thanks for the reply Fred-the most recent nzbget 12 is a stable-channel release candidate so hopefully it won't be very long until the xbian packages are able to be updated. IIRC v12 has a built in updater too, should make things easier in the future.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - dafhus - 20th Dec, 2013 08:22 PM

Thank you Fred, I formatted the external drive with a linux computer as ext4 and now it works perfectly – although every movie I download appears twice in the xbmc database.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Fred - 21st Dec, 2013 01:23 AM

Try cleaning the library in XBMC and make sure you don't have both the real location as the symbolic link location added as source.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Carpenter - 24th Dec, 2013 07:06 PM

Currently I'm receiving errors in Couchpotato....

Nevermind, it was probably caused by a faulty newznab provider

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - ApOE - 28th Dec, 2013 09:42 PM

I have a little "problem" with my download speed.

I use NZBget to download and all goes well except for the download speed, it hangs around 450--500 kb/sec
When I use SFTP to send files to my pi (xbian) I get 1,3--1,5MB/sec

When my pi was on raspbian as a dlna server, NZBget also reached a stable 1,3--1,5MB/sec

I know that the file system has it limitations but I know it can reach 1,3--1,5MB/sec so why doesn't it reach that speed in Xbian?
Any ideas?

Thanks!

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Fred - 28th Dec, 2013 10:25 PM

Probably because XBian has more cpu demanding processes running. Can you check if CPU usage is around 100%?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - ApOE - 29th Dec, 2013 04:59 AM

(28th Dec, 2013 10:25 PM)Fred Wrote:  Probably because XBian has more cpu demanding processes running. Can you check if CPU usage is around 100%?

Thanks for your reply!

Idle xbian uses 18--20% cpu load.
When I load a nzb it climbs to 93--98%
(I checked using htop)

This is causing the slow download speed?

Network transfers work good (3x the speed of usenet downloads).

Re: RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Richdotward - 29th Dec, 2013 08:54 AM

(28th Dec, 2013 09:42 PM)ApOE Wrote:  I have a little "problem" with my download speed.

I use NZBget to download and all goes well except for the download speed, it hangs around 450--500 kb/sec
When I use SFTP to send files to my pi (xbian) I get 1,3--1,5MB/sec

When my pi was on raspbian as a dlna server, NZBget also reached a stable 1,3--1,5MB/sec

I know that the file system has it limitations but I know it can reach 1,3--1,5MB/sec so why doesn't it reach that speed in Xbian?
Any ideas?

Thanks!

I get speeds of about 4000k a second from the newsgroups writing directly to a external 2.5" hard drive.

Guessing your sdcard is to slow ? Or your newsgroup server is slow ?

Rich

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - min - 29th Dec, 2013 09:32 AM

Rich- there are threads about this if you search. Basically, don't use ssl, turn off sync function on external hdd, and/or overclock pi.