Forum
[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages (/thread-1018.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - ApOE - 30th Dec, 2013 06:04 PM

SSL is off, don't know how I can check the ext-hdd sync function and a higher OC results in 20/30kb extra download speed.
Downloading from usenet on my desktop gives me 60 MB/sec (fiber) so thats not the problem.

Isnt it strange that sending files from my netwrok to the pi works 3x faster than internet/usenet download?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - min - 1st Jan, 2014 05:58 AM

http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=132

'Search' and you shall find!Rolleyes

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - ApOE - 1st Jan, 2014 09:13 PM

Thanks! getting 2000 kb/sec now Smile

[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - starous - 2nd Jan, 2014 01:13 AM

(1st Jan, 2014 09:13 PM)ApOE Wrote:  Thanks! getting 2000 kb/sec now Smile

Hi, could you please share what did you do to improve your speed?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - ApOE - 3rd Jan, 2014 07:56 AM

Sure,

I deleted "sync" in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf
Code:
old: MOUNTOPTIONS="sync,noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,rw
new: "MOUNTOPTIONS="noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,rw"

[Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - starous - 3rd Jan, 2014 03:01 PM

(3rd Jan, 2014 07:56 AM)ApOE Wrote:  Sure,

I deleted "sync" in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf
Code:
old: MOUNTOPTIONS="sync,noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,rw
new: "MOUNTOPTIONS="noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,rw"

Thanks Smile

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Microx - 3rd Jan, 2014 08:27 PM

(20th Dec, 2013 01:57 AM)min Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Fred-the most recent nzbget 12 is a stable-channel release candidate so hopefully it won't be very long until the xbian packages are able to be updated. IIRC v12 has a built in updater too, should make things easier in the future.

nzbget 12 Stable is now available since 2nd of January Smile

AW: RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 3rd Jan, 2014 08:33 PM

(3rd Jan, 2014 08:27 PM)Microx Wrote:  nzbget 12 Stable is now available since 2nd of January Smile

these are great news Smile I'm already used to installing another testing version Big Grin

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Enferax - 7th Jan, 2014 09:06 PM

Hi there, my first post.

Because I did have some hickups with my setup and the way to fix it was so easy I'd like to contribute it.

If you have a setup like mine:
Raspberry with xbianc connected with wlan
All directories linked to the NAS because of the SD-Card running xbian from beeing only 2GB
automount enabled for those directories

There might be the problem that everything works fine until you restart your device. If you get an error in nzbget that you can't access your directories, just do the following:

sudo nano /etc/rc.local
add the line "mount -a" to the file and save and exit.
This will mount all devices after the bootup procedure, which seems to fail during bootup because of the network not beeing initialised fast enough.

---

I also do have a question. I'm using usenetbucket as usenet provider, but I can't get the cipher to work. I tried to change them using the web frontend (I tried both versions for GnuTLS an OpenSSL) but both failed. I think my provider doesn't support it, but i don't know how to make sure of this.

Greetings

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 02:03 PM

@Enferax

nobody reported this directly but yesterday I found a serious bug in network mount mounting workflow. the problem is not how fast network comes up as it is waiting and all other boot phases as well.

it has to work without such hacks but when I was reading 4th such "small issue btw problem" bug was found and fixed. I;m sure your problem is this one, maybe you can confirm by small manual fix & test as posted there :

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1970-post-19492.html#pid19492

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - Enferax - 8th Jan, 2014 09:41 PM

@mk01

Looks like this doesn't do the trick for me. I have changed the xbian-net.conf to

Code:
start on mountall
stop on started xbian-net

and commented "mount -a" in rc.local. This gave me the error codes in nzbget that indicate the non mounted nas. After mounting them with mount -a and restarting only nzbget the errors vanished.

Any way I can help to narrow the problem down?
And any idea to my second problem, even though it isn't exactly linked to this package?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - mk01 - 9th Jan, 2014 04:35 AM

@Enferax

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1970-post-19642.html#pid19642

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 9th Jan, 2014 06:20 AM

is anybody already working on an updated version of the xbian-package-nzbget based on the newly released stable version 12?

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - mk01 - 9th Jan, 2014 07:23 AM

@freem@n,

are you willing?
if you can, we will provide access to git to update xbians repo.

RE: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages - freem@n - 9th Jan, 2014 07:58 AM

@mk01: I'll have to look deeper into it first. I've built it from source multiple times but without the custom XBian stuff..don't know much about this tbh. ;-)
the last thing I would want is to break someone's setup