Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread (/thread-1031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rafnomos - 29th Jun, 2013 06:18 AM

Hi all
I upgraded first day beta out... and EVERYTHING is up and running perfectly... I have tested everything and it is much faster and fluid. I hope xbian team will keep up the great work!
thankyou.
raf
ps. I just need to understand why start xbmc is not working... it has to do with frandom and I cant figure it out... it has to be read by xbian user but its only readable by root...

thankyou again

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 29th Jun, 2013 07:28 AM

Did you do 'sudo start xbmc' ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Dave400 - 29th Jun, 2013 07:54 AM

Done the lirc additions in 'hans30' post, remote buttons working though double pressing is prevalent even when I've added <remoterepeat>10000</remoterepeat> to the advanced settings xml file.

Airplay still dead on both upgraded path and a fresh install.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 29th Jun, 2013 08:36 AM

You should add remotedelay to advanced settings.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Pawlisko - 29th Jun, 2013 08:50 AM

What about iptables?

Still I do not see any solutions.

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - f1vefour - 29th Jun, 2013 10:18 AM

(29th Jun, 2013 06:18 AM)rafnomos Wrote:  Hi all
I upgraded first day beta out... and EVERYTHING is up and running perfectly... I have tested everything and it is much faster and fluid. I hope xbian team will keep up the great work!
thankyou.
raf
ps. I just need to understand why start xbmc is not working... it has to do with frandom and I cant figure it out... it has to be read by xbian user but its only readable by root...

thankyou again

How do you know it's related to frandom?

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - f1vefour - 29th Jun, 2013 02:28 PM

(29th Jun, 2013 08:50 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  What about iptables?

Still I do not see any solutions.

Have you tried:

sudo modprobe ipt_masquerade

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rikardo1979 - 29th Jun, 2013 03:49 PM

(29th Jun, 2013 01:55 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  I think having a select group of testers which have shown they are both knowledgeable of the system being tested and good at debugging/resolving issues is a great idea before future releases.

Most of the major issues could be avoided and the rest of the Xbian users can then help iron out the smaller issues once a general beta release has been produced.

Once again just my opinion.

we have a bunch of Testers who were testing Beta1 before we push it public. None of the issues were found and reported as otherwise we would not release it.
So what I trying to say is that you would need a team of 100's of people to be able to spot every issue an even than it would not be 100% Wink
So now issues are here,reported thanks to you all and we can sort all out, thats what is all this community work about.
Cool

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - woferon - 29th Jun, 2013 05:32 PM

In Alpha 5 it was possible to restart xbmc using terminal command: "sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc (start/stop/restart)". It's not possible anymore, can anyone help me out? How can I reboot xbmc when it hangs out sometimes without rebooting raspberry pi?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 29th Jun, 2013 05:36 PM

Terminal
sudo reload xbmc

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rafnomos - 29th Jun, 2013 05:42 PM

(29th Jun, 2013 05:36 PM)Fred Wrote:  
Terminal
sudo reload xbmc

thankyou fred
but this will only stop xbmc and hang on xbian login
ias I said before I am only able to do this IF I chmod frandom...
if you have a solution please post Smile
raf

(29th Jun, 2013 03:49 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(29th Jun, 2013 01:55 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  I think having a select group of testers which have shown they are both knowledgeable of the system being tested and good at debugging/resolving issues is a great idea before future releases.

Most of the major issues could be avoided and the rest of the Xbian users can then help iron out the smaller issues once a general beta release has been produced.

Once again just my opinion.

we have a bunch of Testers who were testing Beta1 before we push it public. None of the issues were found and reported as otherwise we would not release it.
So what I trying to say is that you would need a team of 100's of people to be able to spot every issue an even than it would not be 100% Wink
So now issues are here,reported thanks to you all and we can sort all out, thats what is all this community work about.
Cool

Rikardo I am going to keep using new beta 1 cause it is working perfectly. I just have problems with restart xbmc within scripts. Will there be any problems if I use this version... I mean this is the future right?
thankyou again for the great work.
raf

Issues with SMB mounts (1.0B1) - ilgrank - 29th Jun, 2013 09:28 PM

I'm sorry to continue with the problems with 1.0B1 (Great work guys!) but I'm having issues with SMB mounts too.

As soon as I try to browse for SMB shares, Xbian returns the error:
Terminal
Error 2: Share not available
Now this is a fresh install, so there's no share to complain about yet Smile
Also of interest, mounting the share from SSH with
Terminal
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.101/Mount_Points /mnt/cifs -o username=xxx,password=xxx

works flawlessly

I've got 2 SD cards, one with 1.0A5 and one with 1.0B1 fresh install, and can replicate the error even after several reboots

UPDATE: I've reinstalled B1 from scratch and now seems to be working. I'm really puzzled. :/
UPDATE 2: False hope.. it seems to be unstable... sometimes it does work, sometimes it does not. With 1.0A5 rock stable.. so definitely there's some SMB issue in 1.0B1..

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - jvandenbroek - 30th Jun, 2013 12:33 AM

(29th Jun, 2013 05:42 PM)rafnomos Wrote:  
(29th Jun, 2013 05:36 PM)Fred Wrote:  
Terminal
sudo reload xbmc

thankyou fred
but this will only stop xbmc and hang on xbian login
ias I said before I am only able to do this IF I chmod frandom...
if you have a solution please post Smile
raf

Not sure why that doesn't work for you, here it does restart. But you might want to try out this then:

Terminal
sudo stop xbmc
sudo start xbmc

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - agent5150 - 30th Jun, 2013 04:57 AM

Upgraded my pi to Beta 1 and it went smooth. No issues during upgrade and everything works. Awesome release.

Used fresh install on a brand new Pi and I can't get to config.txt file in /boot. nano config.txt brings up a new file. what gives?
When I pop the SD card in my windows pc, I can see and view the config.txt file. so why can't I get to it via ssh session just like I can on my other Pi?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - dlysnes - 30th Jun, 2013 08:04 AM

Hey
Just popin in to congratulate the XBian team on a yet another very nice version of sw to the little magic gizmo that RPi is Smile
Some upgrade issues, fresh install works very nice indeed. Fast, smooth and all in all a 100% working mediacenter for my family and I!

I've been following this project for some time now, and looked around in the forums. First of all: Thank you XBian team for using your time off on this! I know you don't get paid for it, but are driven by the thrill, magic and fun it is to make this little piece of plastic and metal perform in the coolest ways. I know some RPis are burned on the way, but it happens Shy

With this is mind, and the fact that this little board is 25 bucks with completely free software I really hope the tone in these forums will stay on a cooperative and nice level. If something is not working, report it, with all details, logs, screenshots, variables etc as possible. I know the XBian team will take a look, give answers, ask questions in a polite way to us all. I'm an old developer myself, so I know the need for details Tongue

So, I'll keep enjoying, testing, experimenting on my RPis. This is what it's all about. I've been running XBMC (XBMP) since 2003 now, on the good old modded Xbox, first gen, and still running(!)

This is a community around a project built completely on an idea to get a really cool and flexible mediacenter out of the RPi while gaining tons of knowledge on the way. If it's stressful and painful waiting for a few answers on issues not working, well.. report it in the correct way, or go buy a 3-400 bucks mediacenter box... Cool

Keep on the extremely good work all of you! This is really looking good now Big Grin