Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread (/thread-1031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - raspberry_pd - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:07 AM

(2nd Jul, 2013 02:55 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  
(1st Jul, 2013 11:20 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(1st Jul, 2013 10:45 PM)ilgrank Wrote:  Thanks but I think you misunderstood me: using mount (even without security) DOES always work.
What DOES NOT work is browsing smb shares from the XMBC gui in 1.0B1, while it does work in previous versions.

are you try to browse via "windows network smb" browser, or is it already created smb source ?

xbmc is not using the standard system tools, but can you some system libraries. what is in the xbmc.log at the time you get error on screen?

The tail of XBMC.log follows (it's very short, that's why I'm not using pastebin btw)
Code:
18:50:47 T:2933126208   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://'
                                            unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

That is the error I get in the log when I try to access my NAS via "Windows network (SMB)".

Code:
SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://'
                                            unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

You can work around it if you know your network details. Just go to "Add network location ..." and manually enter the details.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - ilgrank - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:14 AM

Quote:You can work around it if you know your network details. Just go to "Add network location ..." and manually enter the details.

Thanks for the advice, it is greatly appreciated.
My objective tho is to let the devs understand a new issue has popped up since the 1.0A5 release, as I've been told no one else is having this problem (between me and you, it is 2 people, and I think there's more)

Thanks!

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - mk01 - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:18 AM

guys, are we still talking about the beta1 as was released ?

with no additional changes ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - ilgrank - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:20 AM

(2nd Jul, 2013 03:18 AM)mk01 Wrote:  guys, are we still talking about the beta1 as was released ?

with no additional changes ?

Yes, as as I've posted in the hotfix thread, the asuscomm link is still broken so I cannot put the hotfix on.

Btw, I've posted the log you requested some post above, and as you can see I'm not the only one experiencing the SMB issue..

Thanks!

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - IriDium - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:21 AM

I know this might sound silly but have you tried removing the SMB share and then trying to access it via Add Source?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - mk01 - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:21 AM

(2nd Jul, 2013 02:53 AM)raspberry_pd Wrote:  I'm not too sure what versions I'm running. Can I check that by querying apt for the package information that is not obvious from within XBMC?

apt-cache policy package_name

(2nd Jul, 2013 03:20 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  Yes, as as I've posted in the hotfix thread, the asuscomm link is still broken so I cannot put the hotfix on.

Btw, I've posted the log you requested some post above, and as you can see I'm not the only one experiencing the SMB issue..

i'm not asking to be provocative, i'm asking to get informations. don't go further from beta1, as it will solve nothing and just make things more complicated.

if you are really on plain beta1 and really wants to push things forward, download packages from myself

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com

install and let me know.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - anonimo200 - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:39 AM

@mk01
Thanks for your help, I'll try...
I've Rasp. B 256Mb

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - ilgrank - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:48 AM

Quote:i'm not asking to be provocative, i'm asking to get informations. don't go further from beta1, as it will solve nothing and just make things more complicated.

if you are really on plain beta1 and really wants to push things forward, download packages from myself

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com

install and let me know.

Hi
Thanks
Again, sorry: I don't want to be provocative or telling someone else is.. I'm referring to the fact that even if I'm no expert, I'm not a newbie either.. and the usual reaction when people find bugs seems to be "It is happeing just to you" wich can sound.. well, negative.

Apart from this, since I'm on 3g and it seems to me that on your site you have a July 23 image I don't think it is the latest, hotfixed one,right? i'm on plain, vanilla 1.0B1 as installed by the Xbian Installer exe on a freshly formatted SD, so the image I'm running should be the same on your website or I'm missing something?

My intention was to try to contribute and install the hotfix to further test the SMB issue,but If I can be more useful with the 'plain' 1.0B1, no problem, as I've the image already in local ready for a fresh-reimaging.

I've a working 1.0A5 setup (not to mention an htpc with xbmc 13) so I can assure you I'm just trying to help, not to provoke Smile

Thanks

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - IriDium - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:49 AM

@anonimo200 Do you have an early model B? as most model B ship with 512Mb only the model A has 256Mb

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - anonimo200 - 2nd Jul, 2013 03:55 AM

Yes, I've an old Raspberry, model B 256Mb. I've been stuck to Xbian since 0.6 I think :-)

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Uncle_Tubbie - 2nd Jul, 2013 04:05 AM

If this helps...
I did a fresh install and have used the hotfix, all is well here. So why post? Well I like to think that a take direction well. So if you care to ask me to do something with my set up to help other I will be glad to help. ie If you like me to post a log or run a command line please just let me know.

cheers

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - mk01 - 2nd Jul, 2013 04:26 AM

(2nd Jul, 2013 03:48 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  My intention was to try to contribute and install the hotfix to further test the SMB issue,but If I can be more useful with the 'plain' 1.0B1, no problem, as I've the image already in local ready for a fresh-reimaging.

no, my updates to beta1 are finished for now and pushed to git. the address is my home repo for devel purposes, so everything is prepared as it will be once on official apt repo.

the actual beta1 looks like a terrible unfortunate release, but the reported "fatal" problems are more missing dots / typos, which went through testing undetected. definitely we will start putting a list of people tomorrow to have a real world test group ready for close beta2.

whether or not there is no possible to "not" put milestone into public, we would not move from the point ;-)

btw: what we now need, is all those people who reported and have issues or consider as issues for them, to grab the packages and test. otherwise it makes no progress. If we distribute to the same people as before, no benefit, because the testgroup found no issues already for beta1.

so again, the proposed updates (git or the address published) are not shot to dark, this are consolidated changes to the code as I wen't one by one during last two days on git issues, and forum messages.

i consider it "stable" and as solutions to the described issues and now some others have to confirm or reject.

to make long story short. beta1 pure is perfectly the one suited for them. or even alpha5 to beta1 upgrade, but no further.

mk

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - anonimo200 - 2nd Jul, 2013 04:57 AM

Ok, I added http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com to the repos and I'm installing xbian-update over Beta1 downloaded on June 23 a few minutes before xbian-beta1.img.7z from http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com was released (so I suppose it's xbian-beta1.img.7z.old). No other update. If I can help somehow (logs, test, wathever) please tell me.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - reab - 2nd Jul, 2013 05:40 AM

Is there a way to increase the cache size? AdvancedSettings.xml seems to ignore my changes.
Tuxbox HD streams (Das Erste HD, ZDF HD @ 19.2deg East) have high bit rate and the cache is at 100% while video freezes after frequent pauses.
Funny enough RT HD (Russia Today HD) transmits in 1920x1080i with 7Mb/s but only fills 26% of the chache. It plays crisp and flawless.
Any buttons I can tweak?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Koenkk - 2nd Jul, 2013 06:52 AM

(2nd Jul, 2013 05:40 AM)reab Wrote:  Is there a way to increase the cache size? AdvancedSettings.xml seems to ignore my changes.
Tuxbox HD streams (Das Erste HD, ZDF HD @ 19.2deg East) have high bit rate and the cache is at 100% while video freezes after frequent pauses.
Funny enough RT HD (Russia Today HD) transmits in 1920x1080i with 7Mb/s but only fills 26% of the chache. It plays crisp and flawless.
Any buttons I can tweak?

We patched XBMC to automatically choose the optimal cache for you. I'm not sure what's causing your issue but it's probably related to the video stream itself