Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread (/thread-1031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - belese - 25th Jun, 2013 08:42 PM

According to upgrade Post, you should use Force-LoopBreak :
apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install xbian-update

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Zemeckis - 25th Jun, 2013 10:13 PM

(25th Jun, 2013 12:35 PM)xbmcnut Wrote:  Anyone else missing icons from the Ad-ons? When I go to install Add-ons in settings, none of the add-ons show their developers icon; they're all the default 'puzzle' icon. They install OK but if you place these icons on the homepage under videos, music, programs etc. they are transparent and do not show. Even the Xbian config icon is transparent.

I've installed and configured over one hundred 1.05a instances (without issue) and this was a clean build onto a 4GB Class 10 card today.

I have the same problem with this beta version. It's only showing the default puzzle icons. I did a clean install using my 16gb SDCard, the same that I used to install the other versions.
I'll try another clean install later when I return home, at the end of the day.

About this release, nice performance, congratulations for this great version Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - nass06 - 25th Jun, 2013 10:15 PM

(25th Jun, 2013 08:42 PM)belese Wrote:  According to upgrade Post, you should use Force-LoopBreak :
apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install xbian-update

Of course i did that, this is my step :

1/apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install xbian-update
2/Error n1 on xbian-packages-firmware :

dpkg: error processing xbian-package-firmware (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

3/edit file /var/lib/dpkg/info/xbian-package-firmware.postinst
4/apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install xbian-update
5/Error n2 in xbian-package-initframs.
6/Since that, when i do a apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install xbian-update I have an error :

E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

7/apt-get -f install error :

E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential package xbian-package-config-shell:armhf due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
E: Reverse conflicts early remove for package 'dialog:armhf' failed

This is my steps to upgrade.
Thank you.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Davem - 25th Jun, 2013 10:28 PM

The update went perfect from 1.0 Alpha 5 (XBMC 12.2) to 1.0 Beta 1!

Looks likes everything is working well. The only thing I noticed is a difference in the USB mounting system. Standard the external HDD is not mounted under /media/usb anymore but to /media/HDD LABEL + ID. This breaks all the connections in my library, but it can be fixed with a new library scan. The Symlinks used for the download package are also gone, but they can also easily be created again.

So far so good. Thanks for working on this update.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - belese - 25th Jun, 2013 10:37 PM

@nass06
ok, it was out from my competence so,
if it was mine, i would try :
apt-get -f -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install

But maybe you have to wait info from other dev.
Sorry

Belese

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - namtih - 25th Jun, 2013 10:48 PM

(25th Jun, 2013 10:13 PM)Zemeckis Wrote:  I'll try another clean install later when I return home, at the end of the day.
Perhaps try to delete/rename the "TexturesX.db" file in your userdata-folder first and restart XBMC:
http://www.xbmchub.com/oldforums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=944

@Davem
Thanks for the feedback and sorry that some links are broken.
Regarding the Download package this might be interesting for you - have fun :-)
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1018.html

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - nass06 - 25th Jun, 2013 11:28 PM

@belese
Thank you, but still not working, I have this error (the second one from my previously post) :

mount: can't find /boot in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
dpkg: error processing xbian-package-initramfs-tools (--configure)

My fstab looks like this :

Terminal

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1 /var/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0

And my mtab
Terminal

rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=38284k,mode=755 0 0
tmpfs /run/lock tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755 0 0
tmpfs /run/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=76560k 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
rpc_pipefs /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw,relatime 0 0

Thanks

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Thilo - 25th Jun, 2013 11:43 PM

What happened to Airplay support?
I updated my Alpha 5 system and now Airplay isn't working at all :/
My iPhone can't connect anymore, either does my mac or software like Airfoil.
The Airplay device is showing on all of those devices but it just doesn't connect. (If I connect through Airfoil, XBMC crashes and I have to restart my Pi. If I login through SSH and try to restart XBMC with the xbian config nothing happens)
A friend of mine is experiencing the same problems.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - belese - 25th Jun, 2013 11:45 PM

@nass06
Sorry, can't help you more,
if you don't mind to reinstall, maybe try a new flash,
otherwise wait for others if it have a solution for you.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 25th Jun, 2013 11:48 PM

(25th Jun, 2013 10:28 PM)Davem Wrote:  The update went perfect from 1.0 Alpha 5 (XBMC 12.2) to 1.0 Beta 1!

Looks likes everything is working well. The only thing I noticed is a difference in the USB mounting system. Standard the external HDD is not mounted under /media/usb anymore but to /media/HDD LABEL + ID. This breaks all the connections in my library, but it can be fixed with a new library scan. The Symlinks used for the download package are also gone, but they can also easily be created again.

So far so good. Thanks for working on this update.

You don't have to do a new library scan, you can also create a symlink to point to the new location. So:

Terminal

sudo ln -s /media/newmountpoint /media/oldmountpoint

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - bibu - 26th Jun, 2013 12:35 AM

On one of my RPis I got stuck on tty1 login_ message, on all other ones AirPlay doesn't work.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - bacobart - 26th Jun, 2013 01:11 AM

FYI:

After running 'apt-get -u -o APT::Force-LoopBreak=1 install xbian-update' i got the message below halfway through.

Quote:cannot copy extracted data for './boot/start.elf' to '/boot/start.elf.dpkg-new' : failed to write (No space left on device)

I made some space on /boot (removed some old kernels). After that I ran 'apt-get -f install' and the installation finished without a problem.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - hawkpd - 26th Jun, 2013 02:06 AM

(25th Jun, 2013 12:35 PM)xbmcnut Wrote:  Anyone else missing icons from the Ad-ons? When I go to install Add-ons in settings, none of the add-ons show their developers icon; they're all the default 'puzzle' icon. They install OK but if you place these icons on the homepage under videos, music, programs etc. they are transparent and do not show. Even the Xbian config icon is transparent.

I've installed and configured over one hundred 1.05a instances (without issue) and this was a clean build onto a 4GB Class 10 card today.

I have this very same issue as well. Clean install but add-on icons show as the default puzzle symbol, homepage icons are transparent, and no weather icons.

Another odd one I found is if I SSH via Putty I don't get a "clean" xbian config menu. Rather than the menu using line characters to form the borders, I get a mess of q, k, and u characters which I have not had before when using putty on other builds. Exiting from XBMC and then logging in via my TV and displaying the xbian config displays the menu fine.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - maartenpaul - 26th Jun, 2013 03:04 AM

Should it be possible to upgrade Xbian if I run Xbian from an external USB drive? I tried to upgrade, but after reboot only the "PWR" LED is shining. Should I change something in the cmdline.txt file?

My file system is still functional and showing to be ext4 in Ubuntu. So it is not converted yet.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - jgrn - 26th Jun, 2013 03:05 AM

Folks: I followed the instructions only to be met by an interruption and then a corrupted SD card (re-imaging from my backup as I type this). Wall of output follows. I think my one deviation was that I exited out of XBMC from the GUI (could that have caused it?) before I started the process (notice the service interrupt failed):

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/7Bs3ywwc