Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread (/thread-1031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 26th Jun, 2013 03:13 AM

Please use http://pastebin.com/ for that.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - RoRoo - 26th Jun, 2013 03:30 AM

I've updated remotely from my office.. no error received during update.. Came home.. Nothing on the tv.
Logged in through ssh.
No xbmc service running. and unable to start.

root@slaapkamer:/# service xbmc status
xbmc stop/waiting
root@slaapkamer:/# service xbmc start
xbmc start/running, process 2886
root@slaapkamer:/# ps aux |grep 2886
root 2894 0.0 0.2 5160 832 pts/0 S+ 19:29 0:00 grep 2886

nothing in the xbmc.log file.. I think xmbc has been corrupted somehow?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - doug - 26th Jun, 2013 03:37 AM

Thank you very much for another version of XBian. I did a fresh install and my first impressions was "wow! did that boot fast!" (about 30 seconds using a transcend uhs-i card)

I've started to test it and have a few comments/issues:
  1. Music, Pictures, and some videos sources don't always appear. Movies and TV Shows do appear. I have to reboot a few times until they appear. I'm using shared sources and synced database.
    EDIT/UPDATE: I can make them appear by selecting Exit from xbmc's power menu. xbmc restarts and the sources are available. So it appears that some part of XBian/xbmc may be starting before the sources are available.
  2. version 1.6.18 of tvheadend client is installed. xbmc indicates v 1.6.19 is available as an update, but selecting Update does nothing.
  3. channel icons in .png format are not showing up. a jpg will show up, but transparency is lost.
    Edit: Fred provided a solution later in this thread..."sudo apt-get install libtiff4"
  4. I've had intermittent issues with the boot process getting stuck at the very start of the initialization process
    Edit: Some more information. This seems to happen to me only after updating the MPG2 codec by using either XBian-config or from within xbmc.
  5. My xbmc.log is not revealing at all as it appears to be truncated.
    Edit: Here is an example...it gets to about 120kb and ends.
  6. I used to boot from a USB drive, but cmdline.txt, /dev/mmcblk0p2, and fstab are all different from what I was used to. I hope a new how-to will appear as it is beyond me how btrfs has changed things.

That's it for now. Thanks again for XBian.

Doug

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - agent5150 - 26th Jun, 2013 03:59 AM

Is btrfs only available using fresh install.. or upgrade from 1.05 alpha will also switch to btrfs?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - kraleksandr - 26th Jun, 2013 04:18 AM

(26th Jun, 2013 03:59 AM)agent5150 Wrote:  Is btrfs only available using fresh install.. or upgrade from 1.05 alpha will also switch to btrfs?

Yep, it will
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ uname -a
Linux xbian 3.8.13+ #6 PREEMPT Mon Jun 17 14:52:06 CEST 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux
xbian@xbian ~ $ cat /etc/fstab
#
#
#
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs / btrfs subvol=root/@,rw,thread_pool=1,compress=lzo,noatime,autodefrag,space_cache 0 0
UUID=8B12-9112 /boot vfat defaults,noauto,user,gid=0,uid=0 0 0
LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs /home btrfs subvol=home/@,rw,compress=lzo,noatime,autodefrag,thread_pool=1,space_cache 0 0

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rikardo1979 - 26th Jun, 2013 04:18 AM

(26th Jun, 2013 03:59 AM)agent5150 Wrote:  Is btrfs only available using fresh install.. or upgrade from 1.05 alpha will also switch to btrfs?

yes, it will convert. Please make sure you have enough space on your SD card before you proceed the update

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rikardo1979 - 26th Jun, 2013 04:20 AM

@jgrn
please edit your post as mentioned under the rules in sticky threads.
So please remove your log from your post and use pastebin instead
-thx-

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - mk01 - 26th Jun, 2013 04:44 AM

(25th Jun, 2013 11:53 AM)kraleksandr Wrote:  So, if I want use btrfs, I have to do fresh install?

no. the xbian-update is placing new cmdline.txt into /boot, which sets rootfstype=btrfs. then, when restarted, if type is btrfs, but fs still ext4, conversion process will be started.

mk

(25th Jun, 2013 06:39 PM)IriDium Wrote:  2) ERROR: Unable to load /usr/local/lib/xbmc/system/ImageLib-arm.so, reason: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

apt-get install libtiff4

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - danell - 26th Jun, 2013 05:55 AM

I have some problems. First when I go to xbian-settings on putty it looks like this: http://oi40.tinypic.com/144ckrq.jpg and when I go to packages I get "Failed to retrieve download mirrors, therefor a local (possibly outdated) list will be used" error and the downloadpack is v2.0

I first did an update and the problem was there so I did a fresh install with the windows-installer but the problem is still there. Tried 3 times now but still the same problem.

Edit:
When I do sudo apt-get update I get this: http://pastebin.com/ABKJGMTP

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - timdp - 26th Jun, 2013 06:06 AM

Everything was fine until my unit rebooted. Then, after converting to btrfs, it got stuck at "moving root..." and has been like that for a while. How long should that step take? Thoughts?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - 0xFF - 26th Jun, 2013 06:09 AM

There are missing executable bits on binaries in /usr/local/bin directory.

Best regards

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rikardo1979 - 26th Jun, 2013 06:13 AM

(26th Jun, 2013 06:06 AM)timdp Wrote:  Everything was fine until my unit rebooted. Then, after converting to btrfs, it got stuck at "moving root..." and has been like that for a while. How long should that step take? Thoughts?

Depends on how much data you have on your card.also you should free a bit of space on card.It can take anywhere to 20 some minutes

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - timdp - 26th Jun, 2013 06:33 AM

(26th Jun, 2013 06:13 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  Depends on how much data you have on your card.also you should free a bit of space on card.It can take anywhere to 20 some minutes

It's been well over half an hour. I'm starting to think I didn't have enough space left. I assume it creates an image, then creates a new file system, then moves that image? Which would mean you'd need a card that is at most 1/3 full. I doubt mine was big enough for that, so my install is probably ruined.

Might I suggest a clear warning that the file system is going to be converted and therefore requires a certain amount of space? Better yet, check if that space is available before converting, and don't initiate conversion without any confirmation.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - jgrn - 26th Jun, 2013 06:48 AM

Followup (I moved the error log above to pastebin.com): I re-imaged the SD card from my backup, it booted normally, and this time I shut down the xbmc service as specified (as opposed to exiting from the GUI), and I'm getting the same error at the same point:

Setting up autopoint (0.18.1.1-9) ...
root@xbian:/home/xbian#

# After a few seconds: Write failed: Broken pipe

ssh is disconnected, and the RPi was "off" (red and green lights on, but not rebooting). Powering it down and back on didn't help. Any ideas? The only somewhat non-standard thing is I am using the Metropolis skin (not sure why that would matter). Since the system won't reboot, I'm not sure how to get a log off of it.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Davem - 26th Jun, 2013 06:53 AM

@Fred, Thanks ln -s did the trick for the usb hard drive. Now the library and all the symlinks are fixed again. Sometime it's to simple.

After using Beta 1 for one evening I'm impressed. Clean boot in 40 sec. and the feel is also quicker. Really good work this update.