Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread (/thread-1031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - numanoids - 26th Jun, 2013 08:08 PM

Just an update from my end, as much as everything went ok, the GUI has slowed to an absolute crawl. The system takes ages to wake up the screen if in screensaver mode and just hit stop on a film and it took a full minute+ for it to go blank, pause for a while, load part of the GUI, then eventually the rest.

My library is on a MySQL database which never posed this kind of delay before on Alpha5, system load was up at above 3 during this operation.

Also where has the XBMC init script gone? Should it be gone or has it been replaced with something else? - ok i see these have been switched to upstart scripts. Not a fan of upstart but guess i need to roll with the times.

I may try going for a clean install but I'm seriously considering rolling back to alpha5 as it was much more fluid than this.

This is all on a 256MB Pi and an 8GB CLass 6 SD card that has been in the Pi since pretty much the day I got it so I know the system setup has been stable for almost a year.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Dave400 - 26th Jun, 2013 08:31 PM

Give them a chance to try and replicate the issues..

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Lupurus - 26th Jun, 2013 11:09 PM

Hey thanks for that update!
But now I think XMBC starts up too fast. My database is stored in MySQL, but no movies or shows are displayed now... but mysql still works fine.
As well: my ir-controller doesn't work anymore.

Any hints?

EDIT:
Oh yes, Airplay doesn't work as well Sad

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - dalim - 26th Jun, 2013 11:40 PM

Thanks for this great piece of software!

I just moved over from raspbmc to xbian. So far i am very impressed. I had problems with raspbmc powering on my tv (HDMI-CEC) in the middle of the night, i never was able to solve it and thought i would give Xbian a go and yes i know its still in beta...

just reporting some issues i found
1) no addon/channel icons appear, showing the default jigsaw puzzle icon
2) ssh via putty shows random q, k and u characters on the xbian config menu
3) resuming from screensaver takes a very long time

Thanks again!

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Gyuunduh - 27th Jun, 2013 02:46 AM

I have the same problem as Dalim's #2 . It looks like this

http://s21.postimg.org/fqyhwypt3/xbianc.jpg

Another problem is that the XBMC Subtitles plugin doesn't highlight the selected subtitle in the list and you have to make the selection blind, counting how many times you have pressed the down button. Looks like this:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-c7XjLBfHmrE/UcsZ-mIP7dI/AAAAAAAAAnE/U7eSrZHj7mg/w702-h395-no/13060034.jpg

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Scott4uf21 - 27th Jun, 2013 02:58 AM

I see a lot of people are having the same thumbnail (icon) problem I am having. Any fix yet?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 03:53 AM

Textures
For the people having problems with textures. Please try:
Terminal

sudo apt-get install libtiff4

And then reboot. Please report back if it works or not.

Airplay
For the people having problems with Airplay. I can't reproduce. I never used airplay but I tried it out and it works. Here are the steps I had to take to make it work.

1. Enable XBMC to receive airplay content (in XBMC gui: settings --> services --> airplay)
2. I have used the android app "PlayTo Lite" which sends Airplay content to port 7000 by default. I don't know what is normal for Airplay and what was default in alpha5 but for this to work I had to change the port XBMC listens to.
Do that by modifying advancedsettings.xml

Terminal

sudo nano ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

add this line (where 7000 is the port, could be different, check the port your app is sending to)
Code:
<airplayport>7000</airplayport>

Make sure you add this line somewhere between <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> but not in some subsetting. I added it the line before </advancedsettings>.

Reboot or restart XBMC.

Please try this and report back if this works or not.

(27th Jun, 2013 02:46 AM)Gyuunduh Wrote:  I have the same problem as Dalim's #2 . It looks like this

http://s21.postimg.org/fqyhwypt3/xbianc.jpg

Another problem is that the XBMC Subtitles plugin doesn't highlight the selected subtitle in the list and you have to make the selection blind, counting how many times you have pressed the down button. Looks like this:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-c7XjLBfHmrE/UcsZ-mIP7dI/AAAAAAAAAnE/U7eSrZHj7mg/w702-h395-no/13060034.jpg

First problem is known. It is only when you login with Putty, if you login from a Linux machine it looks normal. I know it's not nice, but it works and you won't loose any functionality. We will try to fix this of course but it's not high priority atm.

Second problem is a texture problem I think, so please try the solution in the post before this.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Frhol123 - 27th Jun, 2013 05:12 AM

Great job, so congrats to the team - Superb work guys!

A LOT faster and smoother! And no probs for me so far, everything (including airplay) works betterand faster than ever Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Zemeckis - 27th Jun, 2013 05:18 AM

(27th Jun, 2013 03:53 AM)Fred Wrote:  Textures
Terminal

@Fred Now it's working fine for me. The images are back!
Thanks Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - PRoPAiN! - 27th Jun, 2013 06:13 AM

Upgraded from alpha, everything seemed to go smoothly (though I didn't get the 2nd blue screen and prompt indicated in the instructions). Now it gets to the "loading" screen, the progress bar fills up, and it does nothing else. I get ping responses, but I can't SSH or FTP in. About to start troubleshooting in the dark, but if there's something specific I should be doing/looking for, please let me know.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 06:35 AM

First, be patient. Like the guide says: 'After the installation some time consuming processes are being executed, please do not power off or unplug!'
If after enough waiting it still does not come up I would recommend a clean install.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Scott4uf21 - 27th Jun, 2013 06:36 AM

(27th Jun, 2013 03:53 AM)Fred Wrote:  Textures
Terminal

Worked great, thanks for the help, right on time for what I needed too.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Gyuunduh - 27th Jun, 2013 09:41 AM

(27th Jun, 2013 03:53 AM)Fred Wrote:  
(27th Jun, 2013 02:46 AM)Gyuunduh Wrote:  Another problem is that the XBMC Subtitles plugin doesn't highlight the selected subtitle in the list and you have to make the selection blind, counting how many times you have pressed the down button. Looks like this:

Second problem is a texture problem I think, so please try the solution in the post before this.

Installing libtiff4 helped, thanks. And yeah, xbian-config looks as it should on Connectbot that when I tested it.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 02:48 PM

(26th Jun, 2013 11:09 PM)Lupurus Wrote:  Hey thanks for that update!
But now I think XMBC starts up too fast. My database is stored in MySQL, but no movies or shows are displayed now... but mysql still works fine.
As well: my ir-controller doesn't work anymore.

Any hints?

EDIT:
Oh yes, Airplay doesn't work as well Sad

Can you try restarting XBMC?

Terminal

sudo stop xbmc
sudo start xbmc

And see if that solves anything, since you think it starts up to quick.

About the Airplay issue, did you read and try my previous post?
If that does not work can you give me the output of:

Terminal

ps -A | grep avahi

Also, did you upgrade or do a clean install?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - xbmcnut - 27th Jun, 2013 03:23 PM

FYI, screenshots do not appear to be working either? Two attachments show screenshot done with 1.1 Beta card and then 1.0.5a; both new builds. Tried 5 or 6 shot with 1.1, all 0 bytes.

1.1 Beta
[attachment=199]

1.0.5a
[attachment=198]