Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread (/thread-1031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Lupurus - 27th Jun, 2013 04:37 PM

@Fred: sudo stop/start xbmc worked! (sudo service start didn't start xbmc)
Now the database is loaded! Thanks.

Airplay now works, but I had to do a clean install.

My remote controller now works again as well, but every button I press is executed twice. Maybe I find I solution for it as well.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - kraleksandr - 27th Jun, 2013 04:46 PM

After updating xbian-package-firmware to the latest version my Pi cant start bcoz loader.bin not found. How to fix?

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 08:27 PM

(27th Jun, 2013 04:37 PM)Lupurus Wrote:  @Fred: sudo stop/start xbmc worked! (sudo service start didn't start xbmc)
Now the database is loaded! Thanks.

Airplay now works, but I had to do a clean install.

My remote controller now works again as well, but every button I press is executed twice. Maybe I find I solution for it as well.

Good to hear you are up and running. About the remote problem, can you try increasing the remotedelay?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cremotedelay.3E

@xbmcnut: will look into this thanks for reporting.

@kraleksandr: did you do a clean install?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - kraleksandr - 27th Jun, 2013 08:55 PM

@Fred:
Nope.Only upgrade.
alpha4 -> alpha5 -> beta1

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 08:59 PM

I would recommend a clean install then. Seems that upgrading does not work properly for everyone.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - kraleksandr - 27th Jun, 2013 09:58 PM

@Fred
No, beta1 works, but when I did an upgrade for xbian-package-firmware, it becomes broken.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - sasagr - 27th Jun, 2013 09:59 PM

After a fresh installation I m having the same problem like @dalim was saying yesterday:
1) no addon/channel icons appear, showing the default jigsaw puzzle icon

Any fix for it? it is terrible to be not able to see any icon for the add ons!

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rikardo1979 - 27th Jun, 2013 10:11 PM

(27th Jun, 2013 09:59 PM)sasagr Wrote:  After a fresh installation I m having the same problem like @dalim was saying yesterday:
1) no addon/channel icons appear, showing the default jigsaw puzzle icon

Any fix for it? it is terrible to be not able to see any icon for the add ons!

there is a fix,please read back

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 10:13 PM

@sasagr: Yes there is a solution and you can find it in this thread.

@kraleksandr: That's no good, don't know how this can happen but will check if this is a package fail.
Edit: I have checked by upgrading it on a clean beta1 install, it does not show any problems. I also don't have a loader.bin file and that should be okay because it became obsolete a while ago. So it's a weird error. I also understand you can't do anything with your SD card right now (it does not boot?).

@xbmcnut: The screenshots failing is also because of the missing libtiff4 package. So please install that.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - nsviper - 27th Jun, 2013 10:20 PM

SD Card and USB key.

Quick question chaps.

Under Alpha5, I did the following to move most of the work off the SD card and onto a USB key I have in the Pi:
- dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=/dev/sda1
- edit boot/cmdline.txt and change root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 to root=/dev/sda1

I found this made the Xbian boot and reboot much faster and a lot more stable (had some issues with corruption with my constant rebooting whilst testing that have completely disappeared with this setup).

Trying to do this now using the beta:
- dd command all worked ok
- /boot/cmdline.txt couldnt be seen, but doing mount /boot and the files now appear.

but... (there's always a but Smile )

now i'm unsure what to change in the cmdline.txt file, there's no root= section?

Any ideas?

(PS this is a fresh install of beta on a 2nd Pi, my original Pi is running Alpha5 perfectly so would like to make sure this all works ok before upgrading my "production" pi Smile )

Thanks in advance.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - Fred - 27th Jun, 2013 10:34 PM

@nsviper: Can you post your current cmdline.txt here, don't have access to it right now.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - kraleksandr - 27th Jun, 2013 10:35 PM

@Fred
When I plug in power source, Pi turns on Power led and flashes 3 times by ACT led. ANd I found somewhere that it happens bcoz loader.bin notfond.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - nsviper - 27th Jun, 2013 10:43 PM

(27th Jun, 2013 10:34 PM)Fred Wrote:  @nsviper: Can you post your current cmdline.txt here, don't have access to it right now.

Here you go boss:

sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs rootfsopts=subvol=root/@,noatime,compress=lso,thread_pool=1,space_cache,autodefrag rootfstype=btrfs rootwait=10 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=noop nohdparm splash logo.nologo quiet loglevel=0 noswap mod_scsi.scan=async

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - rikardo1979 - 27th Jun, 2013 10:55 PM

(27th Jun, 2013 10:35 PM)kraleksandr Wrote:  @Fred
When I plug in power source, Pi turns on Power led and flashes 3 times by ACT led. ANd I found somewhere that it happens bcoz loader.bin notfond.

that was on old FW till October 2012.
with new FW it means you have start.elf missing or corrupted

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1 thread - dalim - 27th Jun, 2013 10:57 PM

Textures
For the people having problems with textures. Please try:
Terminal

sudo apt-get install libtiff4

Worked for me! Thanks.

I can wait for the other two issues i reported, they are low priority.

Most important of all, with Xbian my TV no longer powers up automatically in the middle of the night!. Perfect!