Forum
SD Card not available in drop down - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: SD Card not available in drop down (/thread-1092.html)

SD Card not available in drop down - artpoetryfictio - 10th Jul, 2013 04:43 PM

After launching the installer I am prompted to select version (only 1 version is displayed in the drop down Xbian 1.0 beta 1) and Select SD card, but my SD card is not listed. The list is empty. So the Install button is disabled. My SD card is currently mounted and functioning normally. Any thoughts?

RE: SD Card not available in drop down - IriDium - 11th Jul, 2013 12:01 AM

(10th Jul, 2013 04:43 PM)artpoetryfictio Wrote:  After launching the installer I am prompted to select version (only 1 version is displayed in the drop down Xbian 1.0 beta 1) and Select SD card, but my SD card is not listed. The list is empty. So the Install button is disabled. My SD card is currently mounted and functioning normally. Any thoughts?

1) Are you using the latest xbian installer? Also is it Windoze?
2) Are you running as a restricted user - i.e not administator group.
3) Have you formatted it? and if so as what?
4) Is the safely remove hardware icon displayed?

RE: SD Card not available in drop down - Airwolfuk - 17th Jul, 2013 02:15 AM

(10th Jul, 2013 04:43 PM)artpoetryfictio Wrote:  After launching the installer I am prompted to select version (only 1 version is displayed in the drop down Xbian 1.0 beta 1) and Select SD card, but my SD card is not listed. The list is empty. So the Install button is disabled. My SD card is currently mounted and functioning normally. Any thoughts?

make sure your card is inserted before starting the installer.

Also, try inserting the SD Card into a USB reader and then into a USB port

RE: SD Card not available in drop down - rbthompsonv - 2nd Aug, 2013 11:07 AM

I have the same problem (in OSX)... try using the windows installer...

RE: SD Card not available in drop down - Feller - 14th Aug, 2013 08:03 PM

I have the exact same problem. OS X 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion). I've tried formatting the SD card as FAT and NTFS before using the installer. Nothing works. Ended up using dd.

RE: SD Card not available in drop down - mk01 - 14th Aug, 2013 08:27 PM

Isn't it just possible to Drag&Drop xbian img file to DiskUtility and then click restore to SD???