Forum
Shared Library - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Shared Library (/thread-1095.html)

Shared Library - ilgrank - 11th Jul, 2013 04:19 AM

Hi
I've XBMC 12.2 running on my home server.
I've already configured it with a MySQL db, and now wanted my XBian B1.0/B1.1 to use that db.
I've put the same advancedsettings.xml in it, but it does not seem work very well.
I've followed to the letter the topic on the XBMC wiki, but I could not do the same on the Xbian one because the wiki seems to be down
(http://www.xbian.org/contact-and-support/tutorials/ )

Anyone here uses a shared db?
I've also tried exporting an XBMC backup from my 'main' machine and restoring it to my Pi.. but to no avail :/

Thanks everyone!

RE: Shared Library - doug - 11th Jul, 2013 09:34 AM

(11th Jul, 2013 04:19 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  Hi
I've already configured it with a MySQL db, and now wanted my XBian B1.0/B1.1 to use that db.
I've put the same advancedsettings.xml in it, but it does not seem work very well.
I've followed to the letter the topic on the XBMC wiki, but I could not do the same on the Xbian one because the wiki seems to be down

I've also tried exporting an XBMC backup from my 'main' machine and restoring it to my Pi.. but to no avail :/

Thanks everyone!
Hi,
Yes, XBian works quite well with a shared db.

A few things...
  • An xbmc.log would be helpful.
  • What does "it does not seem work very well" mean?
  • You haven't indicated what OS your home server is. (my guess is you haven't shared the files on your server properly)

RE: Shared Library - ilgrank - 11th Jul, 2013 05:50 PM

(11th Jul, 2013 09:34 AM)doug Wrote:  
(11th Jul, 2013 04:19 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  Hi

Thanks everyone!
Hi,
Yes, XBian works quite well with a shared db.

A few things...
  • An xbmc.log would be helpful.
  • What does "it does not seem work very well" mean?
  • You haven't indicated what OS your home server is. (my guess is you haven't shared the files on your server properly)

1) I'll provide the log ASAP
2) Sorry, I was not clear at all, my fault. I mean that 'strange' things do happen: I have to add folders manually on the Pi, most of the times it does not find items wich are on the DB, when it finds them, the movie poster on the Pi is different from the one on the main machine, even tho they should be using the same db (but not the same thumb cache it seems)
3) My main machine is W7x64, using XBMC 12.2.. I had the idea that xbmc configurations should be identical (The main machine, even tho the disks are local to it, points to the same SMB shares the pi is going to use)

Thanks!

RE: Shared Library - nsviper - 11th Jul, 2013 06:34 PM

For the shared library to work, your sources.xml on each device must be identical

i.e.

If you have a source called "Movies" and on the Pi it points to (for example) SMB:\\192.168.0.10\Movies then it must be THE SAME in the sources.xml on your Win7 box

If the Win7 box says "D:\Movies", then this won't work on the Pi.

Can you post up your advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml files (comment out any id's / password etc)

RE: Shared Library - ilgrank - 11th Jul, 2013 06:42 PM

(11th Jul, 2013 06:34 PM)nsviper Wrote:  For the shared library to work, your sources.xml on each device must be identical

i.e.

If you have a source called "Movies" and on the Pi it points to (for example) SMB:\\192.168.0.10\Movies then it must be THE SAME in the sources.xml on your Win7 box

If the Win7 box says "D:\Movies", then this won't work on the Pi.

Can you post up your advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml files (comment out any id's / password etc)
Thanks Vsniper. I'm at office right now so I'll post as soon as I can.
However, as for the sources.xml and advancedsettings, as I said they do point to SMB shares, and they've been copied from the XBMC server.. first time manually, the second time by an XBMC Backup restore (Backed up on the Main server, restored on the PI) so I'm pretty sure they do not point to local resources (if they did, the PI would not be able to open files, D:\something means nothing to it)
Thanks!

RE: Shared Library - ilgrank - 19th Jul, 2013 04:13 AM

There seems to be no problem during the load of advancedsettings.
I've uploaded the XBMC log Here.

I've also uploaded advancedsettings.xml here:

It was copied directly from the XBMC guide (I've just entered the IP) so it shoud be correct.

For completeness, I've also uploaded the rasperry sources.xml, which is a copy of my server's one. here:

and as you can see the paths are all remote.
Even in this way, my raspberry seems not to be using the remote DB.. weird?