Forum
beta2 ongoing development - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 ongoing development (/thread-1121.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: beta2 ongoing development - mk01 - 3rd Sep, 2013 10:38 PM

(3rd Sep, 2013 07:48 PM)IriDium Wrote:  4) Can you put a "dummy" package as available for update - something like xbian-does-nothing package, so it can be tested.

yes, I tested like this.

there are xbian-package-test and ….-test2 packages. get them, when installed let me know. I will push version numbers on both.

(3rd Sep, 2013 04:27 PM)IriDium Wrote:  Also XBMC is only 12.2 not 13.1 compiled Aug 26th

After upgrade 2G SD card at 96%

2gb including @safe snapshots ?

yes I downgraded XBMC as 13.0ALPHA is crashing on Pictures and has broken AirPlay. and the back ported Gotham (13) functions to 12 which stopped working before, are now all fixed.

so until 13 enters Beta or someone again break 12, this is most suitable for RPI.

I know about output of xbiancopy / backup home. xbiancopy output needs to be fixed and backup home is missing info dialog.

RE: beta2 ongoing development - IriDium - 3rd Sep, 2013 11:19 PM

(3rd Sep, 2013 10:38 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(3rd Sep, 2013 07:48 PM)IriDium Wrote:  4) Can you put a "dummy" package as available for update - something like xbian-does-nothing package, so it can be tested.

yes, I tested like this.

there are xbian-package-test and ….-test2 packages. get them, when installed let me know. I will push version numbers on both.

(3rd Sep, 2013 04:27 PM)IriDium Wrote:  Also XBMC is only 12.2 not 13.1 compiled Aug 26th

After upgrade 2G SD card at 96%

2gb including @safe snapshots ?

yes I downgraded XBMC as 13.0ALPHA is crashing on Pictures and has broken AirPlay. and the back ported Gotham (13) functions to 12 which stopped working before, are now all fixed.

so until 13 enters Beta or someone again break 12, this is most suitable for RPI.

I know about output of xbiancopy / backup home. xbiancopy output needs to be fixed and backup home is missing info dialog.

Ref @safe snapshots. Yes. I had no idea how to remove them, but after I booted from the USB drive, the level dropped to ~30%

Also - during the upgrade xbian-package-xbmc and xbian-update were kept back, so I installed them both.

In your documentation in Beta 2 thread you only mention xbian-update?

RE: beta2 ongoing development - mk01 - 3rd Sep, 2013 11:38 PM

i was aligning the dependencies and xbian-update alone should then trigger all other packages, but choosing both is no better/worse. Just wanted to save some typing - if not needed.

I have to write some kind of interface as well to snapshot management, but it's so much to do at once…

Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot list // | grep @safe
if you are currently booted from different device from the one you first restored img to (for example your original beta image is at /dev/mmcblk0p2 and you now booted from /dev/sda1)
Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot list --dev /dev/mmcblk0p2 // | grep @safe

you get list like:
Code:
root/@safe
home/@safe

then delete with
Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot destroy root/@safe
btrfs-auto-snapshot destroy home/@safe
or
Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot destroy --dev /dev/mmcblk0p2 root/@safe
btrfs-auto-snapshot destroy --dev /dev/mmcblk0p2 home/@safe

if booted on different device as described earlier.

mk

RE: beta2 ongoing development - IriDium - 3rd Sep, 2013 11:45 PM

Ok that's great.

I think something will need to be added to the upgrade as a lot of people will be using 2G cards.

I think this thread should be closed and all other references put into the Beta 2 thread.

RE: beta2 ongoing development - mk01 - 4th Sep, 2013 12:15 AM

probably for cards < 2G, @safe will be deleted automatically, daily & weekly snapshots off. and we keep just the APT snapshots.

I want to integrate two click restore in initramfs, something like windows had "last good known config". like you hold the shift down, drop into shell -> on screen dialog with menu of 5 last snaps, just enter to rollback or ESC to real shell.

discussion continues

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1312.html