Forum
[SOLVED] MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content (/thread-1133.html)

MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content - careless25 - 22nd Jul, 2013 02:56 PM

I recently and got my Raspberry Pi and I have installed xbian beta 1.1 on it. I connected it to my network and TV and have it running. I also have my Mac which I have installed XBMC 12.2 on. So I wanted to sync up the RPi and Mac with the videos and music via MySQL. They both are fresh installs so I

I have a Win7 running MySQL 5.6 on the network, I followed this guide: MySQL setup to set up the database on my Mac and RPi.

On Win7 I also added a firewall rule to allow inbound connections on port 3306.

I followed this guide to setup my External HD(which is connected to the Win7 machine, uses SMB). I only share two folders over the network from the HD (Videos and Music).

So finally I started my restarted my RPi and added the Movies and TV Shows folder inside of the Videos folder. RPi/XBMC scanned the folders and updated the MySQL tables(I checked the tables using Workbench).

I restarted RPi just in case, and now I see two more options on the main menu, (Movies and TV Shows) but when I click on them, they dont show me the movies or the shows that I have. I have the same problem on the Mac, the Tv Shows and Movies options are added but the menu isnt populated.

How do I fix this? Did I miss a step somewhere?

screenshot of the Movies folder here

RE: MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content - careless25 - 23rd Jul, 2013 12:10 AM

Oops just re-read the wiki article, I missed the Note about My SQl 5.6, will try and install 5.5 and see if the problem is resolved.

RE: MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content - careless25 - 24th Jul, 2013 08:53 AM

Downgrading to MySQL 5.5 fixes it!

RE: MySQL database updated but XBMC doesnt show content - rikardo1979 - 24th Jul, 2013 06:25 PM

thanks for info Wink
closing thread