Forum
How to fix library problem? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: How to fix library problem? (/thread-1142.html)

Pages: 1 2

How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 25th Jul, 2013 06:15 AM

Hi,

I moved a HDD from one pi (USB) in the roof space (it was getting very hot) to another pi on the ground floor. I then changed the libraries accordingly to the 'upstairs' pi.

The video and TV shows went OK, but the music one is now a problem. I have tried removing the source, cleaning the library and then re selecting it but the issue remains.

It happens during browsing in library mode that xbmc/xbian/pi will lock up. Even the clock dosen't change. I have left it for 20 hours to see if it was still doing something. It DOES respond to SSH and I can reboot it and all is well again so long as I don't use the music library.

Is there a file I can delete with the music library contents in to see if that will cure it? If so, where is it?

See my user profile for details of the installation, I am using 1B1.1

Thanks

Skywatch

RE: How to fix library problem? - Fred - 25th Jul, 2013 06:22 AM

Check what your log says just before it freezes. The log file is located at:
~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

RE: How to fix library problem? - rikardo1979 - 25th Jul, 2013 06:24 AM

you should look into if I'm not wrong
Code:
/home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 25th Jul, 2013 06:48 AM

You guys are faster than the lightning we had here a day ago!

I have looked at the log and can't see anything obvious in the warning or error statements. Is it possible to delete the log file and try to repeat the issue?

The .xml file seems OK Ricardo, it all seems to point to the correct SMB shares and should work.

Thanks for the time.

Skywatch.

Re: How to fix library problem? - rikardo1979 - 25th Jul, 2013 07:18 AM

try to delete the source from .xml and than re-add and re-scan.Also enable debugging under System and check the log after your problem occurs again

RE: How to fix library problem? - Fred - 25th Jul, 2013 07:22 AM

It will create a new logfile everytime you start xbmc.
Enable debug logging in xbmc to get some extra information.
If you are not getting errors try finding out what xbmc is doing when the issue occurs.

Re: How to fix library problem? - f1vefour - 25th Jul, 2013 11:20 AM

Also being you still have ssh access you can issue the command 'sudo service xbmc restart' instead of rebooting.

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 25th Jul, 2013 06:53 PM

Thanks for the tips.

I have replicated the problem this morning and have a log file, but it doesn't make much sense to me! ;0

I tried to paste bin it, but it's too big for that. So, how much info do I need to post? The clock froze at 9.18 so how far back would you need to know? Or do I split it across multiple pastebin pages?

Thanks guys!

Skywatch

RE: How to fix library problem? - IriDium - 25th Jul, 2013 07:03 PM

(25th Jul, 2013 11:20 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Also being you still have ssh access you can issue the command 'sudo service xbmc restart' instead of rebooting.
sudo service xbmc restart does not work (correctly) on Beta 1.1. It just stops xbmc.

Use sudo stop xbmc, sudo start xbmc.

Post as much of the "last" part of xbmc.log, also post dmesg.

Also have you "cleaned" the music library and then rescanned - or is it tooooo big?

RE: How to fix library problem? - rikardo1979 - 25th Jul, 2013 07:13 PM

(25th Jul, 2013 06:53 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  Thanks for the tips.

I have replicated the problem this morning and have a log file, but it doesn't make much sense to me! ;0

I tried to paste bin it, but it's too big for that. So, how much info do I need to post? The clock froze at 9.18 so how far back would you need to know? Or do I split it across multiple pastebin pages?

Thanks guys!

Skywatch

what you mean by is to big for http://pastebin.com/ ? there is no limitation. Just copy/paste the log, upload and post the link here.
Or if you still cant do it (???) than take the whole logfile and attach it as .txt file here

Re: RE: How to fix library problem? - f1vefour - 25th Jul, 2013 10:17 PM

(25th Jul, 2013 07:03 PM)IriDium Wrote:  
(25th Jul, 2013 11:20 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Also being you still have ssh access you can issue the command 'sudo service xbmc restart' instead of rebooting.
sudo service xbmc restart does not work (correctly) on Beta 1.1. It just stops xbmc.

I thought it was fixed, thanks for the heads up.

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 25th Jul, 2013 11:03 PM

(25th Jul, 2013 07:13 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  what you mean by is to big for http://pastebin.com/ ? there is no limitation. Just copy/paste the log, upload and post the link here.
Or if you still cant do it (???) than take the whole logfile and attach it as .txt file here

My log file is 1,387Kb and when I post the contents to pastebin it tell me that I have exceeded the 500Kb limit and only 'pro' users can post more than that.

I will try again this evening when I get home.

Thanks

Skywatch

Well I managed to paste the log from 9:18:05 onwards. Here's the link.

http://pastebin.com/dsqC2agV

At 9:18 the clock and mouse froze so there will hopefully be enough there to see what causes it. It's repeatable browsing the music library, but has not happened browsing the TV or Movie libraries.

Thanks

skywatch

RE: How to fix library problem? - Fred - 26th Jul, 2013 12:06 AM

Skywatch, can you give me details of your complete setup please. If I got it right, you have your HDD directly (through usb) attached to your RPi? No nfs or smb shares that you are using?

(25th Jul, 2013 10:17 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  
(25th Jul, 2013 07:03 PM)IriDium Wrote:  

I thought it was fixed, thanks for the heads up.

This should work:
sudo reload xbmc

RE: How to fix library problem? - rikardo1979 - 26th Jul, 2013 12:57 AM

you have lots of errors in a part of your log
Code:
smb://LOUNGE/devices/DC602145602127AA/Music/t.A.T.u. - The Best (2006)/Folder.jpg Error: (0)
where you see the problem is caused by .jpg of your music files or album covers if you like.
Looks these are bad files and I think that causing the issues.
Also you using a really "weird" name of drive in your source path. Is there a reason for that?

smb://LOUNGE/devices/DC602145602127AA/Music/

RE: How to fix library problem? - IriDium - 26th Jul, 2013 01:39 AM

I don't see how moving a HDD can cause a smb: problem.

I may be stupid - but......

Have you tried xbmc-> System->Music->Clean library then set Update library on startup and rebooted.