Forum
How to fix library problem? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: How to fix library problem? (/thread-1142.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 27th Jul, 2013 04:00 AM

(26th Jul, 2013 12:57 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  Also you using a really "weird" name of drive in your source path. Is there a reason for that?

smb://LOUNGE/devices/DC602145602127AA/Music/

It's a feature of the beta Xbian! - See my post on it here....

http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1065

Under version 1A5 it was /media/usb0/media server hdd ....... Upgrade to 1B1.1 and it changed to that! - and I can't change it!

skywatch

RE: How to fix library problem? - mk01 - 1st Aug, 2013 12:13 AM

(27th Jul, 2013 04:00 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Under version 1A5 it was /media/usb0/media server hdd ....... Upgrade to 1B1.1 and it changed to that! - and I can't change it!

skywatch, the xbian-package-usbmount is creating those usbX symlinks as well, which are pointing to /media/UGLY_LONG_NONSENSE_NAME, so this should not cause trouble (until you have more partitions to mount at the same time).

or?

I don't know now exactly from which version of the package, but directory for the static names (LABEL+UUID) and symlinks to them (usb..usbX) are configurable in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf, so you can redirect the long names to different directory and put those USBX to /media. Which would be much the same as the old behavior.

If i'm missing something, feel free to argue.

br
Matus

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 1st Aug, 2013 04:02 AM

I have no reason to argue with you Wink

I have abandoned this now and am awaiting a NAS solution. Should the problem persist I will let you know, but the usb and net speed of the pi were driving me nuts anyway!

Thanks for getting back on this one though, I am sure there are others who will find this useful.

Cheers.

Skywatch

RE: How to fix library problem? - mk01 - 1st Aug, 2013 05:15 AM

(1st Aug, 2013 04:02 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Thanks for getting back on this one though, I am sure there are others who will find this useful.

regardless of the reasons for deciding to abandon any use of RPI as storage server or even storage reader, you decided very very good Big Grin

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 1st Aug, 2013 06:59 AM

Just to clarify, I will keep the pi's and Xbian but use the nas as storage and take a load off the pi's usb ports and comms controller. I hope that will improve performance as the network will be the only thing the controller will have to deal with.

I will also be adding a mysql database to sync the whole library amongst devices. In the future I will see if there are any better ways to do this, but I think that this type of set up will do me nicely for now Smile

thanks.

skywatch

RE: How to fix library problem? - mk01 - 1st Aug, 2013 03:18 PM

(1st Aug, 2013 06:59 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Just to clarify, I will keep the pi's and Xbian but use the nas as storage and take a load off the pi's usb ports and comms controller.

yes, we got the point. and by going the way you described you will enjoy life somehow more … Wink

br

RE: How to fix library problem? - Skywatch - 21st Aug, 2013 07:11 AM

Update.

I now have the nas working well with the pi/xbian via smb, but still the menu screen/pi freezes up on music library. Doesn't do it on any of the video libs, but they are smaller in size. The only solution is to hard reset the pi as the pi will no longer respond via ssh.

Any thoughts?

Skywatch