Forum
[TASK] Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [TASK] Amber skin for XBian [WIP] (/thread-1146.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 26th Jul, 2013 03:20 AM

Some of you may already know this skin which is designed by Pecinko ( Official thread at xbmc.org). It's a lightweight but pretty awesome looking skin and it runs very smooth on the RPi.
I modified it to work with XBian, so including the custom XBian config settings. It won't fully function with XBian alpha, so the latest beta is recommended.

I would like you to try and hopefully enjoy it.

Some screenshots:

Installation:

You can use the option 'install from zip' in the XBMC addon browser. You can get the zip file from this direct link:

Download skin amber for XBian

Or to download it directly to your RPi login to SSH commandline, browse to the folder you want to download to and use:

Code:
wget -O skin.amber-xbian.mod.zip https://github.com/xbianonpi/skin.amber/archive/master.zip

Re: Amber skin for XBian - f1vefour - 26th Jul, 2013 03:53 AM

Thanks for sharing Fred, quite tired of looking at confluence.

Will report any anomalous behavior.

RE: Amber skin for XBian - rikardo1979 - 26th Jul, 2013 06:23 AM

Thanks m8, great stuff Wink
Will definitely try it when I have a chance

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - IriDium - 26th Jul, 2013 07:15 PM

Good start :-)

Beta 1.1

From downloaded zip file and wget: Errors: Addon does not have the correct structure.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 26th Jul, 2013 08:05 PM

Whoops I messed up the addon info file at the latest commit, it is fixed now. So if you download it again it should be working now.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - IriDium - 26th Jul, 2013 08:12 PM

That's better: Now we're cooking with Nuclear or should that be Amber.

First impressions - very good.

Re: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - f1vefour - 26th Jul, 2013 10:55 PM

One issue on SD televisions.

On the 1Channel plugin when you must enter the captcha half of the captcha is blocked by the pop-out keyboard. (likely only on SD)

*edited out the malarkey*
HuhBlush

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - rikardo1979 - 26th Jul, 2013 11:01 PM

(26th Jul, 2013 10:55 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  Couple of issues.

2. On the 1Channel plugin when you must enter the capcha half of the capcha is blocked by the pop-out keyboard. (likely only on SD)

I have this on default Confluence too, so it might be issue with addon not the skin

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 26th Jul, 2013 11:27 PM

I have a HDTV but when I change the GUI resolution of XBMC to 480, everything is as big as at 1080.
Even if I force my hdmi output to an output resolution of 640x480 everything is still good (while the splash screen is huge)

So I would expect it to be okay with SDTV. I guess you are not having this problem with Confluence for XBian?

Re: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - f1vefour - 26th Jul, 2013 11:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the captcha.

No issue with confluence, perhaps the font is simply the size you like...Comparing the screenshot against what I see on SD l believe it may be proportional. (But it's huge Wink )

Just the font on home screen, everything else is perfect.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 26th Jul, 2013 11:39 PM

To be clear, this skin is just modified by me to have full functionality with XBian (so including XBian-config). It is not designed be me like stated in the OP.
Which text are you exactly talking about, the text is not really bigger then with Confluence except that capital letters are used.

To be sure, could you post a screenshot?

Re: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - f1vefour - 27th Jul, 2013 12:00 AM

Here is the screenshot, it seems I just have an issue with large fonts is more the problem.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 27th Jul, 2013 12:17 AM

Yeah looks how it is supposed to look. Smile

Re: RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - f1vefour - 27th Jul, 2013 12:28 AM

(27th Jul, 2013 12:17 AM)Fred Wrote:  Yeah looks how it is supposed to look. Smile

I edited out the font issue being it's personal taste and not a bug.

One more issue, somehow the skin breaks Navi-X.

Do you think the pop-out keyboard could be made to use the lower half of the screen instead of the entire left side?

Here is the captcha issue I'm referring to.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 27th Jul, 2013 01:20 AM

I don't know Navi-X but just gave it a quick try and it works for me, how does it exactly 'break' it?

About the keyboard popout, you could try to change this. Modify the file ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.amber-master/1080i/DialogKeyboard.xml