Forum
[TASK] Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [TASK] Amber skin for XBian [WIP] (/thread-1146.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 31st Jul, 2013 06:30 AM

Thanks for noticing, I pulled in the changes.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - zilexa - 6th Aug, 2013 01:16 AM

Is it possible to write a short Wiki for Skin Developers who want to add support for XBian Config to their skin?
Amber is my preferred skin but I am looking at the development of the MetroTV skin for example. It already runs fast on a RPi.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 6th Aug, 2013 09:23 PM

I like that you are willing to develop the skin for XBian. The current XBian-config has some confluence stuff hard-coded, so a few parts of the Amber support are a bit 'hacky'. There won't be written a tutorial for this in the nearby future (at least not by me), I am sorry for that.

You can look into https://github.com/xbianonpi/skin.amber and https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc/tree/master/content/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/resources/skins . Also look into the commit history. If you are going to do this be prepared to do some trial and error.
Good luck and you can always pm me with some questions.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - IriDium - 8th Aug, 2013 06:43 PM

Would it be possible to have XBMC restart on the QUIT screen. There are a number of times, XBMC just needs to be restarted, not the whole system.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 8th Aug, 2013 08:48 PM

Is it there in confluence?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - IriDium - 8th Aug, 2013 08:52 PM

(8th Aug, 2013 08:48 PM)Fred Wrote:  Is it there in confluence?

No. I haven't seen it any skins. It's something that would be useful.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 8th Aug, 2013 08:57 PM

Will look into it.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - calhaus - 9th Aug, 2013 02:24 PM

The official skin has been updated with some cool stuff Wink

Re: RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - f1vefour - 9th Aug, 2013 04:33 PM

(9th Aug, 2013 02:24 PM)calhaus Wrote:  The official skin has been updated with some cool stuff Wink

Such as?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - calhaus - 10th Aug, 2013 02:09 AM

(9th Aug, 2013 04:33 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  
(9th Aug, 2013 02:24 PM)calhaus Wrote:  The official skin has been updated with some cool stuff Wink

Such as?

"
Ver 0.4.6

- Adds support for skin.widgets script - thanks to Toiva (You need to manually install script.widgets from the main repo. This may come with performance penalties, depending on your setup and script settings)
- Add quit menu customisation
- Arial font support (not really recommended unless you are using language not supported by default font - it will make Amber look like ass
- Fix fanart info view
- Add missing brackets - thanks Sjengfred
- Remove CPU usage from SysInfo "

Now you get recommended movies, albums, ongoing tv shows...

Re: RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - f1vefour - 10th Aug, 2013 02:21 AM

(10th Aug, 2013 02:09 AM)calhaus Wrote:  

Such as?

"
Ver 0.4.6

- Adds support for skin.widgets script - thanks to Toiva (You need to manually install script.widgets from the main repo. This may come with performance penalties, depending on your setup and script settings)
- Arial font support (not really recommended unless you are using language not supported by default font - it will make Amber look like ass
- Fix fanart info view

Very nice indeed, thanks for the description :-D

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Smultie - 10th Aug, 2013 04:58 AM

How to update from within XBMC?

(10th Aug, 2013 02:09 AM)calhaus Wrote:  

Such as?

"
Ver 0.4.6

- Fix fanart info view

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 11th Aug, 2013 12:09 AM

The latest is not available for XBian yet, will update soon.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Smultie - 12th Aug, 2013 04:15 AM

Any ETA?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 12th Aug, 2013 02:53 PM

smultie, what are you missing from the currently available amber/xbian version? it works even without Fred's mod, Fred made xbian-config running possible on it.

usually I'm always happy with (even old) versions of anything. until it is running. but the rule is, I can't get the info, that something better is out there Big Grin