Forum
[TASK] Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [TASK] Amber skin for XBian [WIP] (/thread-1146.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 13th Aug, 2013 05:26 AM

It is up to date again.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 13th Aug, 2013 05:58 AM

(13th Aug, 2013 05:26 AM)Fred Wrote:  It is up to date again.

fred, can we make a xbmc repo pointed to the git http space ? or how is it supposed to install for regular user including updates ?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - thedude459 - 13th Aug, 2013 06:37 AM

I tried installing it like the directions say on the first post and the zip file downloads not problem but when I try to install from zip it says that it does not have the correct configuration.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 13th Aug, 2013 07:34 AM

Sorry my bad, it should be fixed now, can you try again?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 13th Aug, 2013 05:09 PM

(13th Aug, 2013 07:34 AM)Fred Wrote:  Sorry my bad, it should be fixed now, can you try again?

Fred,

I created Xbian XBMC repository .zip file for XBMC, which has itself and xbian amber int the list, online install and auto updates. I wanted to link it directly with github, but git doesn't support raw for bigger files and does not support dir listing at all.

so for now, I put it under my apt repo so slow, but works. Where we have some web space to put files to? Koenn knows?

btw: the .xml and zip is available at https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-xbmc-repository (https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-xbmc-repository/blob/master/xbian-xbmc-repository.zip?raw=true respectively).

also updated skin.amber add-on.xml .

@Smultie
I don't remember correctly if you or @Skywatch with question how to auto update add ons from .zip files without internet. If you check last commit on git for "skin.amber" repo under xbianonrpi, this is all what is needed.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Smultie - 13th Aug, 2013 05:29 PM

(13th Aug, 2013 05:09 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(13th Aug, 2013 07:34 AM)Fred Wrote:  Sorry my bad, it should be fixed now, can you try again?

@Smultie
I don't remember correctly if you or @Skywatch with question how to auto update add ons from .zip files without internet. If you check last commit on git for "skin.amber" repo under xbianonrpi, this is all what is needed.

Wasn't me Wink

I just wonder how I can 'force'-update a skin from within XBMC.
For 'normal' plugins you can right-click and check for update, but for skins I don't think that's possible.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 13th Aug, 2013 06:32 PM

(13th Aug, 2013 05:29 PM)Smultie Wrote:  For 'normal' plugins you can right-click and check for update, but for skins I don't think that's possible.

yep, but the requirements were:

no local access, no keyboard, no xbmc control, just ssh. this is not possible, but possible is - set auto update - and bundle all desired add ons within "xbmc repo description file" pointing to local folder or network.

but it wasn't you, so don't read it Smile

mk

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 13th Aug, 2013 10:46 PM

Fred, this is what I have in xbmc.log. It's git latest 14:28:20 T:3041988608 ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression
Code:
[!Skin.HasSetting(Hide.RecentlyAdded)] + [[[!Skin.HasSetting(AltShelf) + !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(LatestMusicVideo.1.Path))] | [System.HasAddon(service.skin.widgets) + Skin.HasSetting(AltShelf)]] + [Container(300).HasFocus(14)]

and it's nicer, but lot slower (than the previous I used) - one of the first versions after change from quartz reloaded.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - thedude459 - 14th Aug, 2013 12:00 AM

So I tried to install it via wget -O skin.amber-xbian.mod.zip https://github.com/xbianonpi/skin.amber/archive/master.zip to my /Home directory and it downloaded fine but I got the same error I got before.

When I downloaded it directly to my computer then put it on a thumb drive I was able to install the skin no problem.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - Fred - 14th Aug, 2013 03:56 AM

Okay, wget does not seem to work correctly for everyone.
@mk01: Thanks for reporting, however I am not planning to fix any issues that come from the original skin, I just made some adjustments to make it work for XBian and pull in changes from the original skin if there are any.
These probably are also causing the speed of the skin to be slower now.

About the XBMC repository, it would be nice to have a XBian repository for this and other add-ons to enable auto updating. As I understand all the users have to do now is to add this repository and they can install the Amber skin from this?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 14th Aug, 2013 04:07 AM

(14th Aug, 2013 03:56 AM)Fred Wrote:  About the XBMC repository, it would be nice to have a XBian repository for this and other add-ons to enable auto updating. As I understand all the users have to do now is to add this repository and they can install the Amber skin from this?

yes, just install the small .zip once. then it will live the life as we define. all can be changed later, even the own repo source address (address which xbmc will check for updates / add ons).

when you install it it will create new repo under XBMC with one add-on - your amber skin. the folder is doing git pull daily - so if you update, next day I have it auto updated in XBMC.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - thedude459 - 15th Aug, 2013 01:24 AM

I tried the skin but it is a lot slower switching between screens then the default skin so I switched back.

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - IriDium - 6th Nov, 2013 01:34 AM

Beta 2: Unable to add repository or Amber skin.

15:19:47 T:2719999040 ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/packages/repository.xbian.xbmc.repository-1.0.1.zip>. trying lower case </home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/packages/repository.xbian.xbmc.repository-1.0.1.zip>

File: xbian-xbmc-repository.zip does exist.

15:23:50 T:2694833216 ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/packages/skin.amber-xbian.mod-0.4.7.zip>. trying lower case </home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/packages/skin.amber-xbian.mod-0.4.7.zip>

File: skin.amber-1.0.9.zip does exist.

Copied both files to the "expected" and it worked

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - mk01 - 6th Nov, 2013 01:48 PM

I was very very surprised discussing it somewhere, that what release (weekly / monthly) of XBMC, different outcomes.

Probably I didn't get it first time to meet requirements to 100%, but some versions were ok, some others not. Wrong format error for all wrong cases would be appreciated Big Grin

added version number to repository.zip , but the other's are (tor some weeks) exactly as defined in add-on.xml file. probably XBMC downloaded file, stored into packages dir where it was staying and blocking any actions.

Just - where you have 1.0.9 from ? Repo is 1.0.8.

BTW: addon repo xbian is on the latest image (will clear the packages dir as well) … I suppose we can deploy it officially, no?

RE: Amber skin for XBian [WIP] - JumbledGrass - 17th May, 2014 02:13 AM

Can we please have an update to this skin for Gotham, to make "Update Library" available once again?

Edit 17 May: Currently I'm just using the original Amber skin which is working fine, so no hurry.