Forum
[SOLVED] Seeking does not work - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Seeking does not work (/thread-1176.html)

Seeking does not work - Tyde - 2nd Aug, 2013 01:00 AM

Hi,

I have my Xbian Raspberry Pi in a network where an other computer has all my media stored. So when I watch a video from this other computer on my Xbian and I want to seek (+30s or +10min), the video just stops and does not start again. The weird thing is, that it worked 2 days ago and now it just stopped doing that.

Can anyone help me?

Re: RE: Seeking does not work - rikardo1979 - 2nd Aug, 2013 01:41 AM

(2nd Aug, 2013 01:00 AM)Tyde Wrote:  Hi,

I have my Xbian Raspberry Pi in a network where an other computer has all my media stored. So when I watch a video from this other computer on my Xbian and I want to seek (+30s or +10min), the video just stops and does not start again. The weird thing is, that it worked 2 days ago and now it just stopped doing that.

Can anyone help me?

well,maybe ...
but you need to provide more information than you did.
please read the rules

RE: Seeking does not work - Tyde - 2nd Aug, 2013 11:06 PM

(2nd Aug, 2013 01:41 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(2nd Aug, 2013 01:00 AM)Tyde Wrote:  Hi,

Can anyone help me?

well,maybe ...
but you need to provide more information than you did.
please read the rules
Oh, sorry for that.

Xbian Version:1.0Beta1
XBMC Version: 12.2 Git: 20130502
Overclock settings: None, that I know of

RPI Model b
Network: Both tested on LAN and WLAN
Connected Devices: Logitech Keyboard and LG-TV or Iyama Monitor

Link to Logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=41605
Video seems to start at Line 1431

Problem Description: Whenever I am watching a video over smb and I try to jump forward (30 s or 10m) the video Image freezes and I can't get it to play the video. It seems as it wouldn't buffer the video. The UI is still responsive and I still can stop the Video. When I try to play the video after I stopped it, it works, but jumping forward still doesn't.

Greetings
Tyde

RE: Seeking does not work - brantje - 4th Aug, 2013 09:41 PM

Moved topic to the correct section, since this is a problem within xbmc it sems

RE: Seeking does not work - IriDium - 4th Aug, 2013 10:13 PM

When you say "it was working and then stopped" are we talking about the same file (movie).
It seems probably that it is the file at fault and not Xbian. If the encoding was not done properly, the index may be corrupted.

See if seek works on any other file and then run an "info" program on the file(s) when it doesn't.

RE: Seeking does not work - Tyde - 4th Aug, 2013 10:38 PM

(4th Aug, 2013 10:13 PM)IriDium Wrote:  When you say "it was working and then stopped" are we talking about the same file (movie).
It seems probably that it is the file at fault and not Xbian. If the encoding was not done properly, the index may be corrupted.

See if seek works on any other file and then run an "info" program on the file(s) when it doesn't.

This happens on every file. Also the jumping on my other Computer with these files works fine.

RE: Seeking does not work - IriDium - 4th Aug, 2013 10:53 PM

Then "Something" has changed. You've either installed or added something else on the RPi or the other machine.
Is the "other" machine Windoze?
Have you checked the IP address in System -> Services -> SMB Client and can you browse the SMB client through Add Videos.
Is it WIFI or direct ethernet?
Can you watch a file successfully without skipping?

RE: Seeking does not work - brantje - 5th Aug, 2013 06:51 PM

May i report that seeking does not work.
1) Added an smb share via lan
2) Browse dir
3) Loaded an .AVI file (700Mb Crank 1)
4) Vid started to play, but as soon as i started to search, the video hangs and doesn't jump forward.

I think this describes also Tyde his/her problem

RE: Seeking does not work - IriDium - 6th Aug, 2013 03:57 AM

@brantje Are you on Beta 1 as well or Beta 1.1 (need to know if this is a beta 1 problem)
If you are, could you upgrade to Beta 1.1 and see if this fixes the problem.
(I don't have access to a SMB share so can't test this)

Re: Seeking does not work - rikardo1979 - 6th Aug, 2013 06:42 AM

here is a little clue Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1477641#pid1477641

RE: Seeking does not work - brantje - 6th Aug, 2013 09:34 PM

(6th Aug, 2013 03:57 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @brantje Are you on Beta 1 as well or Beta 1.1 (need to know if this is a beta 1 problem)
If you are, could you upgrade to Beta 1.1 and see if this fixes the problem.
(I don't have access to a SMB share so can't test this)
Was a problem at my side, was exprimenting with jumboframes on the network.
Seems that seeking does work on beta 1.1 (tested with .avi and .mkv) via smb.

RE: Seeking does not work - Tyde - 11th Aug, 2013 06:53 AM

I updated to Beta1.1 and it still hangs when I try to seek. Both on WLAN and LAN..

RE: Seeking does not work - IriDium - 13th Aug, 2013 03:19 AM

I've just tried it on my "own" Beta 1.1 (with the latest updates) and I cannot find a fault with it.

RE: Seeking does not work - Tyde - 13th Aug, 2013 07:54 PM

I reinstalled Xbian. Now it seems to work. Anyway, thanks for the help Smile

RE: Seeking does not work - IriDium - 13th Aug, 2013 09:08 PM

Glad it works now. Can you change the status of the problems from "Problem" to "Solved". Tnx