Forum
[SOLVED] Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up (/thread-1203.html)

Pages: 1 2

Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - pacmyc - 8th Aug, 2013 05:32 AM

Is there any way to make XBMC automatically start streaming a webradio station (.strm- file or .m3u) on power up ?

Also, is it possible to use analoge sound output on the raspberry at the same time as digital on the HDMI ?

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - brantje - 8th Aug, 2013 09:11 PM

You can use start playlist on startup.
go to
Settings->Skin Settings->General Settings
Under startup window you will see "Enable playlist at startup", use that one to start the stream.

For the second question, you can set the audio out to both.
Settings->System->Audio Output-> set audio output to all

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - IriDium - 8th Aug, 2013 09:16 PM

(8th Aug, 2013 09:11 PM)brantje Wrote:  You can use start playlist on startup.
go to
Settings->Skin Settings->General Settings
Under startup window you will see "Enable playlist at startup", use that one to start the stream.

For the second question, you can set the audio out to both.
Settings->System->Audio Output-> set audio output to all

@brantje I thought there was a problem with setting audio output to all or has that been fixed?

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - brantje - 8th Aug, 2013 10:00 PM

Hmm, don't know, i don't have hdmi speakers... So i can't test that.

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - Skywatch - 8th Aug, 2013 11:27 PM

I have no problem with sound set to 'all'.

Like this idea though! Wink

Skywatch

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - pacmyc - 15th Aug, 2013 05:17 AM

Hi.

Thanks for your replies, and Im sorry I took so long to try it.
The autoplay works fine, thank you. But
In settings --> Systems --> Audio output I can choose only from "HDMI" and analoge, there is no option called "all"

And this brings me to another question; how do I check that I really have the latest version of xbian?
I have tried to update but I think I might still be on beta 1.

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - rikardo1979 - 15th Aug, 2013 06:04 AM

(15th Aug, 2013 05:17 AM)pacmyc Wrote:  Hi.

In settings --> Systems --> Audio output I can choose only from "HDMI" and analoge, there is no option called "all"

And this brings me to another question; how do I check that I really have the latest version of xbian?

if you dont have All in audio out settings it means you have some really old version, probably one of the Alpha.
If you read basic rules how to post (link in my signature) you find the info where to find your version of XBian and XBMC Wink

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - pacmyc - 16th Aug, 2013 05:43 AM

Hi.
I am sorry, I had missed that it was so easy to check the version.
On the picture there is a row "Xbian version" that I do not have, and in the bottom of the window it says "XBMC 12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e".
Does this mean that I am still on one of the alphas or that I am on the latest?

When Im trying to update I get the error "E: Unable to locate package information xbian-update"

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - pacmyc - 21st Aug, 2013 04:20 AM

(15th Aug, 2013 06:04 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(15th Aug, 2013 05:17 AM)pacmyc Wrote:  Hi.

if you dont have All in audio out settings it means you have some really old version, probably one of the Alpha.
If you read basic rules how to post (link in my signature) you find the info where to find your version of XBian and XBMC Wink

I updated to latest version and now I can choose "All" i Audio output. Thanx.

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - rikardo1979 - 21st Aug, 2013 04:25 AM

thanks for feedback Wink
Maybe you can edit your 1st post and change the prefix to Solved
-thx-

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - IriDium - 21st Aug, 2013 04:37 AM

You could have a look at Scheduler it might have settings for what you want.

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - pacmyc - 6th Sep, 2013 07:12 AM

Im having one more question concerning the autoplay feature.
It seems like my network is not up running 100% when XBMC boots up (I normally turn on all devices at the same time, router, modem, raspberry). This results in xbmc not playing the webstream automatically when booted, but if rebooted at a later point it works perfect.
Is there some way to put a delay or something similar in the autoplay feature, or change some timeout settings?

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - Skywatch - 6th Sep, 2013 08:13 AM

It's a bad idea to turn off the router (espsecially if it's connected to the internet)! - Modem is the same...

With a 'broadband' internet then the modem/router needs to be on all the time for the best downlaoad speed and stability.

Try not turning all off and on again at the same time - Things need time to boot and get working before they can start to work and *talk* to other devices.

Sky

RE: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - pacmyc - 6th Sep, 2013 05:00 PM

(6th Sep, 2013 08:13 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  It's a bad idea to turn off the router (espsecially if it's connected to the internet)! - Modem is the same...

With a 'broadband' internet then the modem/router needs to be on all the time for the best downlaoad speed and stability.

Try not turning all off and on again at the same time - Things need time to boot and get working before they can start to work and *talk* to other devices.

Sky

I am aware of the disadvantages of turning off routers and broadband-modems but still choose to do so because of my reasons. If it would be an option for me I wouldn't spend time to ask around on forums.

So in other words, I will continue turning off the power.
Now, the question is if there is any possibilty to delay the start of the autoplay-feature?
An awful ugly solution might be copying the webradiostream-link in the .m3u file multipile times. This should make XBMC trying to connect multipile times to the server, and probably cause some delay each time it tries. Sooner or later the network connection should be up and then it should connect.. ?

Re: Automatically starting a webradio stream at start up - rikardo1979 - 6th Sep, 2013 06:29 PM

this is the worst setup or the way of turning all OFF, but as you said its your decision and you have your reasons.
Just would like to warn you that sooner or later something is going to break as most of the devices you use are not designed to operate this way.

So back to your thing. My suggestion would be to use separate feed for your router/modem and best remotely operated option so you can turn these ON before rest of setup