Forum
[Solved] Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [Solved] Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! (/thread-1205.html)

[Solved] Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - Kisstorian - 8th Aug, 2013 01:33 PM

All,

I've installed (fresh) Xbian beta 1.1 on the Raspberry Pi and when playing videos, there is a video time remaining counter embedded in a translucent black bar covering the top 15-20% of the screen... How can I disable this?

This happens on all videos... Link is a photo showing the playing of a video from my NAS... it is the same for DiVX, .avi, .mpg, etc... even if streaming.

Timestamp format appears to be

33:33:33/ **:**:** [%%:%%:%%]

The 3's are ALWAYS 3's on any video.

The ** = represent total video length,

The %% = Time elapsed (not time remaining as I previously mis-stated).

Ideas?

http://s10.postimg.org/etnhg93ft/2013_08..._40_01.jpg

Afterwhich I started from scratch and downloaded the Windows installer (from xbian.org) to verify it isn't a corruption in the install package...

I chose to install Xbian Beta 1 this time (as about the time I upgraded to Xbian Beta 1, I noticed the bar)...

So... the same issue is still there... right outta stock... no settings changed or even looked at... same time elapsed information appearing.

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - IriDium - 8th Aug, 2013 06:35 PM

How strange? Have you installed any additional addons or other programs?

What skin are you using? and have you tried another skin?

Can you post your dmesg and xbmc.log as described in the Read me before you post part of the forum (Or click on the link in my signature). Tnx

Ok, I think I can replicate the error.

With a video running, can you press and hold the 6 key. Does the value change to 66:66:66? If so, it could be a sticky "3" key. Can you try another KB and see if the problem still exists.

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - rikardo1979 - 8th Aug, 2013 07:35 PM

also, please do not multipost on more forums
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170797

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - brantje - 8th Aug, 2013 08:29 PM

(8th Aug, 2013 07:35 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  also, please do not multipost on more forums
I don't see that as an issue, because he uses xbian, which uses xbmc.
So from the 'customer' point of view, he can post in both forums, thus increasing the changes of getting a answer.

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - Kisstorian - 9th Aug, 2013 12:00 AM

(8th Aug, 2013 06:35 PM)IriDium Wrote:  How strange? Have you installed any additional addons or other programs?

--> No other plugins at all - only added my NAS as a source to have a path to play the file... previously with other 3rd party add-ons installed, the same "banner" was present during streaming.

What skin are you using? and have you tried another skin?

-->Stock Confluence. No other skin tried as I was using the stock image of Xbian Beta 1.1 (didn't download any other Skins).

Can you post your dmesg and xbmc.log as described in the Read me before you post part of the forum (Or click on the link in my signature). Tnx

--> Is this still needed - or not as you could replicate (below)?

Ok, I think I can replicate the error.

With a video running, can you press and hold the 6 key. Does the value change to 66:66:66? If so, it could be a sticky "3" key. Can you try another KB and see if the problem still exists.

--> I'm not using a KB - I've tried various IOS XBMC Remote apps - all with the same "banner" on video visible during video playback

(8th Aug, 2013 07:35 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  also, please do not multipost on more forums

--> Thanks for posting the link to that forum... if there are Xbian forum readers who do not regularly frequent the XBMC forum, it may assist... I honestlyjust wasn't sure if the issue lies in Xbian / XBMC / Other... also wasn't sure how many XBMC users frequenting the XBMC forum would have insight into Xbian that may help to reach resolution.

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - rikardo1979 - 9th Aug, 2013 12:14 AM

not a big deal, ist easier to track one forum than more Wink

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - rikardo1979 - 9th Aug, 2013 12:15 AM

btw, what is the outcome? was it the sticky "3" key on the keyboard?

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - IriDium - 9th Aug, 2013 12:27 AM

Can you post just your xbmc.log file. Tnx
If you do get a solution at XBMC can you pass on that information.

Can you try a "real" keyboard and see if this "partially" solves the problem and try using a web browser to control XBMC. (<Add of Rpi>:8080) eg http://192.168.0.1:8080

I've tried Yatse and XBMC app on Android (Web type interface) and that works.

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - rikardo1979 - 9th Aug, 2013 12:50 AM

I would really like to see a log, this is so weird

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - Kisstorian - 9th Aug, 2013 01:27 AM

You all might be onto something about the KeyBoard thing, get this...

Last night after posting on the forums I was tinkering with settings (thinking it MIGHT be buried, somewhere) when I went into Settings to change time from 24(US) to 12(US) I lost all of the words on the screen... sounds silly and hard to picture - I know - but I found this when I hit the HOME button and I could navigate in Confluence (left to right and vice-versa), but the banner labels (PROGRAMS / WEATHER / VIDEO / PICTURES / etc.) were NOT displaying... could click on each one and the folders nested under appeared fine... Even going back into SETTINGS the vertical banner titles were missing there as well... just blank "cells".

So, I pulled out the SD (class 10) and formatted / installed Xbian Beta 1 again, updated through putty and plugged it back in... Went to settings to change the time format again and BAM... Missing banner labels - AGAIN!

With that being said, as I was using IOS Remote apps (Sybu XBMC and Commander free) I will try with a KB after work tonight and see if all this craziness ends!

Thanks for reading and helping out!

RE: Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - Kisstorian - 9th Aug, 2013 07:55 AM

Big Grin RESOLVED!

It is with GREAT humility and GREATER appreciation that I reply...

Although I wasn't using a KB when the issue with the Time Remaining counter, there was in fact a KB plugged into one of the Pi's USB ports... and yes, there was something pressing down on the key(s).

Most replies focused on a KB issue... you knew it the entire time!

Couldn't have done it without all of the assistance... now someone give me one of those N00B Lifetime Achievement awards!

Thank you all again - sincerely.

RE: [Solved] Time Elapsed (of video) At Top Won't Go Away! - rikardo1979 - 9th Aug, 2013 06:36 PM

(9th Aug, 2013 07:55 AM)Kisstorian Wrote:  Big Grin RESOLVED!

It is with GREAT humility and GREATER appreciation that I reply...

Although I wasn't using a KB when the issue with the Time Remaining counter, there was in fact a KB plugged into one of the Pi's USB ports... and yes, there was something pressing down on the key(s).

Most replies focused on a KB issue... you knew it the entire time!

Couldn't have done it without all of the assistance... now someone give me one of those N00B Lifetime Achievement awards!

Thank you all again - sincerely.

well done m8 Wink glad you have sorted it